Wiring Harness

I have a 2015 SEL EDGE with the tow package. The wiring harness comes with the 4 pin connector. The problem is most pop up tent trailers now come with a 7 pin wiring harness. (even the ones that weigh 1500 lbs or less). Does any one know if the Edge is 4 wires all the way or from where the connector plugs into the wiring at the end of the run.

4-pin the entire way. The Edge is designed for light duty towing, whereas a heavier duty truck (e.g. F-150) has a 7 pin wiring harness that includes a connection for an optional Integrated Trailer Brake Controller (TBC).

You can have this application for your edge, but you need some aftermarket solutions. This is a good place to start:

https://www.etrailer.com/question-107459.html

The 2015 application should be similar to the 2015, but, I would inquire with etrailer before making any purchases.

• Like 1

Candurin, thank you for your reply.

I guess this is where the problem comes in. Most light duty trailers now come with electric brakes, even if they weigh 1500lbs or less. This weight is well within the Edges specs with a factory tow package (3500 lbs). Just not sure where the logic of 4 pin wiring comes in for Ford