pre-orders and incentives after

Edge2Be

I ordered my Edge on January 3, 2008 at the current dealer rebate offers. (basically 1500 off MSRP) in order to guarantee my price. Now, I am seeing commercials in my area for free iphone and sync plus 1500 cash back. Since I already agreed to the january deal, could I still be eligible for the phone and sync offers? I checked FORD website to verify my dealer is in the participating dealer area and the fine print says taking delivery of dealer stock. Is a pre ordered car considered part of dealer stock?

Anyone with some insight on tis issue???? :wacko: :wacko:

Edited by Edge2Be

I think yes u can get the new incentives... as a matter of fact, I understand you cannot qualify for an incentive UNTIL you take delivery. so it does not matter what was available at the time of the order, that is now in the past, it matters what is available when you take delivery. that is exactly what I was told by ford. no, an order is NOT taking delivery.

Edited by Lex Talionis

I ordered my Edge on January 3, 2008 at the current dealer rebate offers. (basically 1500 off MSRP) in order to guarantee my price. Now, I am seeing commercials in my area for free iphone and sync plus 1500 cash back. Since I already agreed to the january deal, could I still be eligible for the phone and sync offers? I checked FORD website to verify my dealer is in the participating dealer area and the fine print says taking delivery of dealer stock. Is a pre ordered car considered part of dealer stock?

Anyone with some insight on tis issue???? :wacko: :wacko:

Hi Edge2Be. :D This is a multi answer question, and a difficult one to answer in writing at that.

First of all, you qualify for the Incentives and Rebates in place at the time you take delivery of a vehicle, not when you order it. So if the Incentives change before your Edge comes in, you get the new ones, not the old ones. No if's, ands or but's. The Dealer cannot change that rule. Ford makes the rules.

Now, to the second part of your question. Yes a "Factory Ordered'" car is considered "Dealer Stock" once it arrives. The problem you have is this. Did you order your vehicle with those options (sync, etc)?

If you did, and your vehicle comes in while the offer is still valid, you would qualify. If you did not order the necessary options, you would need to see if the Dealer can/will add them to your vehicle. If they can, great. If they can't or won't, then you would need to buy another vehicle from the Dealers stock, or have them find one at another Dealer to transfer. Otherwise, obviously you cannot get those options. In addition, you would then have the problem of would Dealer installed options qualify, even if they can add them?

Your best bet may be to ask the Dealer for definitive answers to your questions, to see what they can do according to Ford, and also what they are willing to do on their own.

Sort of a Catch-22 in this case.

Hope this information is not too confusing.

Good luck. :beerchug:

PS - :redcard: Not to get too involved in your business, but are you saying that the current Incentive is $1,500, and the Dealer only gave you MSRP minus $1,500? You should be able to negotiate a much better deal than that. Just trying to help you save some money.

Edited by bbf2530

Agree with BBF. We ordered our Edge in late January. The dealer instructed us that we will be available for the rebate that is in place when we take delivery of the vehicle. Rebates with Ford are regional. We are in the Minneapolis area and our current offer is $1500 cash back OR incentive financing offers. Our vehicle should be delivered in March and we are hoping for $500 of additional bonus cash due to the Minneapolis Auto Show. Of course, they could reduce the regular incentive to $1,000 and we are still in the same situation.

We have not heard of the iPhone promotion up here yet.

Agree with BBF again. You should be able to get a better deal on the car, definitely more than just the $1500 cash back offer.

• 2 weeks later...