Sync Bugs and Enhancements

I have a Taurus X with the Nav and Sync, and I have a couple of issues that I would like to see fixed.

Bugs:

About 1 in 10 times when I start the car, the "User Device" which I alway want on my iPod, will randomly switch to my BT phone which doesn't even have music on it. I then have press the source button to get it back to where I want it. It seems to be a race condition as to which device Sync finds first. My iPod is dedicated to the car and is rarely removed unless I want to update the songs on it.

When connecting to the phone at startup, a little popup dialog appears which says something like "connecting to phone". Sometimes that dialog will not go away unless you switch to a different screen (Nav, phone, menu etc.)

Enhancements:

I would like to know which playlist is currently playing.

There is a status bar at the top when I am viewing the navigation system etc. It would be nice if it showed current track and artist.

When I ask for a single track, I would like it to return to the previous playlist when done.

Show me album art and lyrics.

Allow me to alias the user device so I could call it iPod or Zune instead. User device is just awkward.

Allow me to string together commands. "Phone call home" instead of "Phone" <wait> <bing> "Call Home"

Over all it is a very good system, but it does have a some rough edges.

When connecting to the phone at startup, a little popup dialog appears which says something like "connecting to phone". Sometimes that dialog will not go away unless you switch to a different screen (Nav, phone, menu etc.)

Interesting development. I was cleaning my car yesterday, and my phone was in the house on the charger, and it still randomly switched to the BT source. The phone was about a 150 feet from my car, and there is no way that BT has that range.

Interesting development. I was cleaning my car yesterday, and my phone was in the house on the charger, and it still randomly switched to the BT source. The phone was about a 150 feet from my car, and there is no way that BT has that range.

It really depends on the class the SYNC system is using - anyone have any idea? Do not confuse class with version - they are indeed different.

I really hope they used Class 2 because Class 1 is way overkill. IME - about 20M away, it is not picked up - but my phones BT is stinky.

Class 1 is 100M

Class 2 is 10M

Class 3 is 1M

This is all TECHNICALLY speaking and even if it is Class 3, its actual range depends on many things.

I would like to be able to disable BT Audio - dont know if you can - have not checked yet.

Solas

I would like to be able to disable BT Audio - dont know if you can - have not checked yet.

Solas

I, too, would like to be able to disable BT audio, as I think it interferes somehow with my listening of music thru my USB port.

See this thread for my particular problem....

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1767

~ Sheri

• 4 weeks later...
It really depends on the class the SYNC system is using - anyone have any idea? Do not confuse class with version - they are indeed different.

I really hope they used Class 2 because Class 1 is way overkill. IME - about 20M away, it is not picked up - but my phones BT is stinky.

Class 1 is 100M

Class 2 is 10M

Class 3 is 1M

This is all TECHNICALLY speaking and even if it is Class 3, its actual range depends on many things.

Solas

I just found out this weekend that a friend of mine is on the engineering team for the Sync unit at Continental. I think it is Class 1 myself because when I drop off my wife at work I am at the other end of her parking lot before I am told that the phone has been disconnected. But to be sure I will ask him Saturday when I see him.