Basic Questions About Ordering

I am thinking of ordering a 2016 Edge but have some questions in mind. Different dealers answer each differently. Could you guys help answer these to the best of your knowledge :

1. Whats the best and worst duration it takes to get your car in your experience ?
  2. Is the $500 deposit a part of the price or something you pay on top of the price ?
  3. What rebates are you eligible for. The ones running now or the ones when your car is delivered ?
  4. Can private cash offers be applied in advance ? I have one that will most likely expire before the car arrives.
  5. When your car arrives, is picking it up exactly same as buying any other car off the lot. As far as rebates and promotions are concerned ?

Thanks in advance !!!

Edited by luxpow

1. 4-12 weeks depending on your location

2. part of the price - just a pre-downpayment

3. there is a program the dealer can sign up for that gives you incentive protection - you can choose from the incentives in place at the time or order or the current ones (but you can't mix and match). Ask your dealer

4. It's a regular incentive so #3 still applies, but ask specifically about the private cash rebate

5 Yep - with the exception of #3 if you have locked in incentives at order time.

Use the website to request an Edge brochure by mail. The personal offer is usually $750. I got my personal offer in about 7 days by email and 2-3 weeks later by regular mail. You don't need the physical brochure coupon - it should show up in Vincent under your name within 7 - 14 days or so.

Thanks for all the replies guys !

Ā 

So 2 more questions :

Ā 

1) Do I have to choose/lock now whether I want today's incentives or delivery time incentives. Or can I pick one at delivery time because I will know both numbers. Locking it now sounds like a gamble. Whats the advice ?

2) I do have private cash offer now already. But that expires in 60 days i.e. most likely before the car arrives. Are you suggesting I subscribe to brouchures so that I have a more fresh one at delivery time ?

Edited by luxpow

No you get to choose at time of delivery. How would you know now what the incentives will be in 6 or 8 weeks?

Ā 

If you can lock in your private incentive now you don't have to worry about it. If not you might want to wait until 2 or 3 weeks before it should arrive and request a new brochure and see if you can get a new offer.

What are the other things I should watch out for when placing an order ?

I will most probably be placing an order tomorrow.

Ā 

Also what all should I note down after placing order. eg. order number, confirmation number, customer id, dealer id etc. ?

Just make sure you get the DORA (dealer order receipt acknowledgement) and double check the configuration and options. Also make sure you have the final price including taxes, trade-ins and dealer fees so there are no surprises later. Find out the priority - 10 is the best. 19 is the worst but it really depends on the priority of the other sold orders. If you're 19 but there are no other sold orders pending then yours will get built right away. Likewise if there are 10 orders with priority 10 it goes by order date.