Cooling fans

Nickythebarber

I drive a 2007 Edge SEL, in hot Florida sun. Lately I've noticed the ac blows warm while the car has been driving in stop and go traffic or sitting for a while (in traffic), also the temp gauge creeps to H. Once I am driving or I'm driving early in the morning or late at night, everything is fine. I've noticed the cooling fans behind the radiator are not running. I had the car running for about 5 mins with the ac on to see if by would turn on. The didn't. I checked the fuse and it seems fine, no broken connection. Can anyone help me with this problem? I really can't afford to take it to a dealer or shell out hundreds or dollars. If anyone has any ideas on what the problem could be, please help!!

There's airflow when you are driving, but it has to be forced when you are in stopngo especially bumper2bumper because a] no natural airflow, and b] temperatures are higher in stopngo traffic.

It is most likely that the fans have failed, although there is a small possibility of other electrical problems, go through the thread I linked to earlier ... How many miles on your Edge?

• Like 1

234,000 on my edge. (I used to drive a lot for an old job). I didn't really understand much from the thread you sent me. Like I said, I'm not a car expert at all. I always take it somewhere to get repaired. I just want to be able to know what I'm talking about to a shop and not seem like a naive woman. I told a guy my problem over the phone at Firestone and all he recommended was an a/c check. I'm doubting this is an ac issue.

You can show the repair guys a printout of the thread, and tell them you suspect that the fans are kaput. The Firestone guy may not have been an experienced mechanic, so you got the basic generic advice. Sure, refrigerant could always be low, but if the fans are not coming on, then you got another problem at hand.

• Like 1