Difficulty finding 2016 Edge Titanium Turbo AWD with 302B?

Any reason you all can think of why it seems impossible to find (at least in the northeast) IN STOCK, a 2016 Edge Titanium AWD Turbo with the 302B package?

Seems the 302B package is the killer, which puzzles me.

Do people just not want it?

Is there a problem with it?

I've gone so far as to pull up CT dealers and nobody has one. (or has had once since they came out. I check almost every week).

And yet with Hyundai/Kia, there seems to be no problem finding many in stock with a fully loaded (every package) Sorento SXL Turbo or Santa Fe Sport 2.0 Ultimate w/tech.

There is nothing called 302B. Did you mean 302A ?

Yes Ford is apparently trying some new magical sales methodology which is beyond me.

1. They have priced the Edge higher than the German brands.

2. They are removing the most beautiful colors from the option list. ("Gaurd" is gone and I am sure "to good to be blue" will be gone next year)

3. The inventory is a joke. You wont find the 302A + driver package.

4. And even if you do, it will also have other crap like cold weather package, bigger wheels and tow package.

5. Zero rebates

Ordering is the only option left.

Ford doesn't control what options dealers purchase - they're independent businesses. They stock whatever they think they can sell. It's possible they are ordering some of the models you mentioned but they're selling as fast as they hit the lot.

As for rebates - if they're selling all they can make without them why would they add rebates?

• Like 1

Ford doesn't control what options dealers purchase - they're independent businesses. They stock whatever they think they can sell. It's possible they are ordering some of the models you mentioned but they're selling as fast as they hit the lot.

As for rebates - if they're selling all they can make without them why would they add rebates?

Hmmm I hope thats the case that they are selling that fast.

But if that were the case, dealers would always remain stocked on those configs or atleast show those configs in the "dealer ordered" cars in inventory.ford.com.

Would be interesting to see some stats on what configs/colors are selling the most.

I feel Ford could do better to prevent fragmenting their market so much.

Or maybe if these 3011A, 302A etc. & wheel sizes could be a dealer swap-able features, we would be somewhere.

Ford has re-invented engineering in the history and I am confident they can do it again.

Hmmm I hope thats the case that they are selling that fast.

But if that were the case, dealers would always remain stocked on those configs or atleast show those configs in the "dealer ordered" cars in inventory.ford.com.

Would be interesting to see some stats on what configs/colors are selling the most.

I feel Ford could do better to prevent fragmenting their market so much.

Or maybe if these 3011A, 302A etc. & wheel sizes could be a dealer swap-able features, we would be somewhere.

Ford has re-invented engineering in the history and I am confident they can do it again.

I don't think you understand. Look up automotive state franchise laws. Ford can't tell dealers what to buy or stock.

I don't think you understand. Look up automotive state franchise laws. Ford can't tell dealers what to buy or stock.

I do understand and agree but I was replying to the part where you say

"It's possible they are ordering some of the models you mentioned but they're selling as fast as they hit the lot."

And the idea that Ford makes cars where tech packages/tires can be added/removed at dealer site is a completely different thing.

It doesnt have to be easy for Ford to do it :-)

They practically invented how things are manufactured. They can do it again. And its not that hard either.

Custom ordering is not for the faint hearted.

Yes, of course. Ford is just stupid and lazy. Shame on Ford.

• Like 1

There is nothing called 302B. Did you mean 302A ?

Yes Ford is apparently trying some new magical sales methodology which is beyond me.

1. They have priced the Edge higher than the German brands.

2. They are removing the most beautiful colors from the option list. ("Gaurd" is gone and I am sure "to good to be blue" will be gone next year)

3. The inventory is a joke. You wont find the 302A + driver package.

4. And even if you do, it will also have other crap like cold weather package, bigger wheels and tow package.

5. Zero rebates

Ordering is the only option left.

Sorry yes, 302A.

Unfortunately it appears they just don't sell at least in the NorthEast. I check every week and the inventory search keeps coming up zilch with 302A.

The dealers are pushing the SEL because apparently people are leasing them and very very few people are buying (or leasing) a $45,000 + Ford.

Too bad really. I'm not terribly keen on ordering a vehicle that I can't test drive and then waiting 2-3 months for it to arrive (I highly doubt there's a 30-day money back guarantee). At least if there was one on the lot I could test drive it and say "I want *that* one).

Well looks like a dealer 30 miles away has one ordered finally. Not my first choice of colors, but it looks like it's got the features I want.

Of course with the ordering schedule being what it is, looks like I'll have to wait until 2017 now (better to wait 6+ months after the 2017 come out to see what shakes out). Since Ford will be cutting off the 2016 line in August and the earliest I can buy now is Nov. of this year (and since it'll have to be ordered ...)

It'll give me time to win the Lotto. haha