Did you buy your Edge after lease?

I love my leased edge (2015. One year in to lease). I'm not sure if I'll buy it but I'll definitely want a vehicle similar to it at lease end. So it depends on my situation in 2 years. If my annual mileage is still as low as it is now, I may just jump in to another lease on a new vehicle. If my mileage is increasing, I will look at my buyout price (which of course I already know) and compare it to whatever else is out there. If I don't keep it and there is profit to be made on the buyout, I'll do that.

Thanks, but I was hoping to get answers such that "I loved the Edge so much that I decided to buy mine out after the lease has ended" :). Guess that's not very smart financially. Too soon for me to worry about this anyway. I'm probably just gonna clear my mind for now and enjoy it :D

Like akirby says the point of leasing is to keep the monthly payment low because you don't plan on keeping it.

Just remember that you can buy your edge anytime during the lease period. So if you want to own it tomorrow and get away from the restrictions of the lease (mileage), you cut them a check for the remaining lease payments and agreed upon buy-out price, and it is all yours. If I was in that situation, I'd look at what that would cost me, see what my rate would be if having to take a loan, and figuring out the total cost of the car. Then try to figure out what the rate would be....say...in 3 years when the lease is up and if that is a better deal

i considered leasing with a planned buyout just to keep payments low while we paid off another vehicle. It's just another way to finance the vehicle. You could purchase it and trade it in every 3 years with virtually the same result - it's just more money up front and more hassle if you want to turn it back in and walk away.