ford edge roof rails w/ cross bar

Yes, you can get roof rails and cross bars for the Edge as long as you don't have the BAMR (panoramic vista moon roof) option. If the Edge doesn't come from the factory with roof rails, you can get Ford original equipment through your dealer after market but again, not your Edge has the BAMR. This is correct for at least the 2010 version; don't know about later years.

Yes, you can get roof rails and cross bars for the Edge as long as you don't have the BAMR (panoramic vista moon roof) option. If the Edge doesn't come from the factory with roof rails, you can get Ford original equipment through your dealer after market but again, not your Edge has the BAMR. This is correct for at least the 2010 version; don't know about later years.

For 2015-2016 you can not add the roof rails once it leaves the factory. You'd have to go with a 3rd party option for a roof rack.

• Thanks 1

Okay. I have been told by a dealership a few days ago that for the 16 edge sport i can actually get cross and roof bars for it. You cant get a 16 edge without the panoramic sunroof is what I was told. They would look just like the style on the current Explorer. More flush with the roof.

Donny

When I try to build one on Ford's website, there is no roof rail option for the Sport. Also, the brochure does not show it as an option on the Sport model while the SE, SEL, and Titanium all show the option available. And with those models it clearly states not available with vista roof.

Be careful what the dealer is telling you. If there are no roof rails on the vehicle you are purchasing, they can not be added. You'd have to go with a 3rd party clip-on setup like Thule, Yakima, etc.

And you can get it without the vista roof......since I have one.

Sounds like the dealer is not informed or trying to scam you in to buying something you don't want. Get a new dealer.

If you are ordering the vehicle, make sure you see the option for

Subaru buyers are far more likely to use a roof rack than the average CUV buyer. Also that styling doesn't work on all vehicles.

What Ford should do is provide a way for aftermarket rails and racks to be easily attached for the few owners who want that.

Subaru buyers are far more likely to use a roof rack than the average CUV buyer. Also that styling doesn't work on all vehicles.

What Ford should do is provide a way for aftermarket rails and racks to be easily attached for the few owners who want that.

They should have stuck with what they had going in the past generation. A strip of trim covering up the holes to mount roof rails. Then it was an easy add on or take off.

I ended up with Yakima Q-Towers since I didn't have rails on my 15 Sport. And I like them because when I'm not using them, they come off easy. And take about 2 minutes to re-install. Best of both worlds.

• Like 1

When we went shopping for a new vehicle one of my MUST have requirements was ROOF (rails) RACKS.

The salesman told us... YES..you can get roof rails for racks to carry your kayak!

The husband signed the paperwork. .

THEN we were told. .oops sorry. .

No roof rails for Edge with Vista roof!

I am infuriated. I HATE Vista roof!

There must be an option for the 2015 Edge with Vista roof. My kayak is about 55lbs with the paddles and small items inside.

Will these Yakima racks work on this vehicle?

When we went shopping for a new vehicle one of my MUST have requirements was ROOF (rails) RACKS.

The salesman told us... YES..you can get roof rails for racks to carry your kayak!

The husband signed the paperwork. .

THEN we were told. .oops sorry. .

No roof rails for Edge with Vista roof!

I am infuriated. I HATE Vista roof!

There must be an option for the 2015 Edge with Vista roof. My kayak is about 55lbs with the paddles and small items inside.

Will these Yakima racks work on this vehicle?

The same exact thing happened to me when getting my Edge. This was just after they hit the lot so the sales guy did appologize saying he was used to the previous generations that did allow for adding on the factory rails after it left the factory.

But yea, go with the Yakima Q-Towers. I use them and they are great. I went on yakima's site, it told me what I needed, I took the part numbers and bought everything on Amazon to save a few bucks. Was right around $300 for Q towers, clips, and the round bars.

• 2 weeks later...