Screen Protectors for the Navigation

I have tried screen protectors on many touch screen applications (no those above on ebay).

They all have one thing in common that I dont think you can avoid - they reduce the sensitivity in the touch screen and when you press, a lot of times it does not register.

Now this is not to say all do not work.

If you can not find the correct size, you can always get one larger and cut it down to size - just a thought.

Solas

ditto..

the one thing about these - if they exist and if they work anything like those for electronics like camera LCDs or phones - is it is SO :censored: hard to apply them bubble free

I haven't tried this with the screen protector, but I think you can install it just like window tint using a little mist of water on the screen before you apply the protector.

Then you squeegee out the water towards the edges with a straight edge (credit card).

(Not too much water of course, just like your cleaning the screen)

If someone tries the protective screen let us know how it works. (if their is sensitivity lost when touching the screen, and if the application went on well)

hmm.. this one has some promise if the claim is true as it hits 2 key points:

-Designed to be removed without leaving a residue (this implies it is not the stiffer plastic ones I have used but a more flexible static adhesion I have also seen on other items like bike computer screens)

-Will not cause bubbles nor come off on the corners (again, implies a flexibility that some I have used do not have)

Decided to give one a try. My hands are always funky from working on bikes, beach sand, ocean salt, sweet from running..eBayed this week a similar one like above, but a different vendor as their description was a bit more complete and had some keywords I was looking for in a screen protector.. but in the end, I bet it will be the same thing.

will report back how it works.

Decided to give one a try. My hands are always funky from working on bikes, beach sand, ocean salt, sweet from running..eBayed this week a similar one like above, but a different vendor as their description was a bit more complete and had some keywords I was looking for in a screen protector.. but in the end, I bet it will be the same thing.

got it today. pretty nice and NO bubbles! always one of my concerns, even when they say "no bubbles" on these types of screen protectors. real easy to install: credit card and the product and push it on. nice little piece of protection.

got it today. pretty nice and NO bubbles! always one of my concerns, even when they say "no bubbles" on these types of screen protectors. real easy to install: credit card and the product and push it on. nice little piece of protection.

Lex,

Can we get some pictures? Would like to see how it looks without a protector and with. How fingerprint resistant is it?

Clayton

Hey Hey Lex!! Funky hands are the worst...

I would also love to know how "fingerprint" resistant it is...

holla!

hey NP.. long time no talk..

anyway.. I would take a photos for you guys.. but not really worth it as all you would see is screen. really nothing to see as it is so transparent and no bubbles. BUT, I can tell you, it is not as finger print resistant as they claim. I kind of was wondering what material would be able to live up to that portion of the claim 100%, but I figured I would try it as there are certainly added benefits to this protection even if 100% finger print blocking is not one - and I think over time if will prove valuable. so, I DO feel it certainly blocks prints better than straight screen touching, but yeah, depending on what I am into, you can still see some vague prints.

• 3 years later...

I honestly don't think putting a screen protector on there is going to eliminate finger prints. The advantage is that you don't have to worry about the surface when cleaning it. I put a sealant on mine and spray either glass cleaner or a different mild cleaner directly onto a mf and clean the surface. It does a great job. I have a screen protector on my i4 and it gets finger prints on it just like before I installed the protector. For the phone, I wanted a degree of scratch protection to it. I got one from Zagg. I don't know if they make one for screens but they probably do.

Very good and lengthy discussion about screen protectors here http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/5669-myford-touch-protective-film/page__hl__%2Bscreen+%2Bprotector

Here is the web site of the product http://www.nushield.com/

I ordered one and I am well please with it. There cleaner is also very good. I find the film to be more resistant to finger prints then the original screen and can't really tell the difference in response with or without the protector.

Very good and lengthy discussion about screen protectors here http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/5669-myford-touch-protective-film/page__hl__%2Bscreen+%2Bprotector

Here is the web site of the product http://www.nushield.com/

I ordered one and I am well please with it. There cleaner is also very good. I find the film to be more resistant to finger prints then the original screen and can't really tell the difference in response with or without the protector.

That's the one I use as well, with success.

• 1 year later...

Old topic, but new update instead of starting another thread on the matter. Anyhoo, installed the Nushield version (links above) with great results. Just the right size (there's a Ford Edge specific part #), clarity is excellent, much improved in bright light, and touch screen sensitivity seems unaffected. Easy to install and definitely recommended for both protection and visibility.