340KM with 64 Liters of gas????

ug.mac

I don;t really want to start a thread like this but this is what I got of my first tank: 340KM on odometer and 64 Liters regular gas at pump.So this is about 20L/100KM.

This is a AWD SEL+, millage is 695.3KM, 50/50 city/freeway driving, it was only few time I pushed the engine to over 3K rpm, most of time it around 1200~2000 RPM.

Any suggestions? Maybe there was someone stealing my gas since there is no lock on the gas cap and filler cap? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I don;t really want to start a thread like this but this is what I got of my first tank: 340KM on odometer and 64 Liters regular gas at pump.So this is about 20L/100KM.

This is a AWD SEL+, millage is 695.3KM, 50/50 city/freeway driving, it was only few time I pushed the engine to over 3K rpm, most of time it around 1200~2000 RPM.

Any suggestions? Maybe there was someone stealing my gas since there is no lock on the gas cap and filler cap? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

So how much CDN does it cost to fill the EDGE?

Ok...I have no idea how to average KM's and liters. Do you know what kind of gas mileage you got in MPG?

Like, how many miles per gallon were you averaging?

Today it would cost about $53.50 American to fill an AWD Edge in Ontario Canada. Gas is about $2.67 US per US gallon.

In the above example the miles/American gallon is about 13 miles per gallon.

Calculation:

340km/64 l is 5.3 km per liter

1 US gal. is 3.8 l.

1.6 km is 1 mile.

5.3 km is 3.3 miles

3.3 times 3.8 is 12.miles or 13 miles ger gallon.

My first tank was the from 12/22 to around new years. I was only averaging 13.6 MPG. BUT, that was all city in Christmas traffic. My average speed was 9 MPH :banghead: . Half of my current tank was also in the city under heavy traffic, the other half I'm back to work after shutdown and traveling highway most of the time. Now I am up to 17.3 MPG. My next tank will be my first real world or normal tank in which I expect to get around 20 or 21 MPG. No matter what it is still better than my V-8 Explorer got :rockon: .

• 5 weeks later...

Now mine is slowly getting better. Mixed freeway(40)/city(60) was 16mpg, latest tank was about 13MPG of 100% city driving, trips was short though, only about 10KM and lots of lights (10 of them!!). But when I came back from Whistler she gives me 23.5 highway mpg which is pretty good. :-)