Said good bye to my 2013 Sport

puddleman

Said hello to my F150 supercrew with 302A lux package 5.0l v8 same fuel mileage. Black on black sport xlt apperance, dual panoramic moon roof. it will do me nicely for work and play. The edge started having random strange computer issues. The horn button would only work after you pressed the panic on FOB. and other untraceable things.

• 2 weeks later...

Said hello to my F150 supercrew with 302A lux package 5.0l v8 same fuel mileage. Black on black sport xlt apperance, dual panoramic moon roof. it will do me nicely for work and play. The edge started having random strange computer issues. The horn button would only work after you pressed the panic on FOB. and other untraceable things.

Lol you did the exact opposite of me! Traded my supercrew v8 for the edge.

Ā 

For me it wasn't so much the gas mileage I'd actually gotten 19 on long highway trip before, but the fact it didn't fit in my garage, and basically had a vehicle we couldn't take anywhere that was small parking lots. I could drive it and park it, the problem is you are so tight to people next to you inevitably they smash your doors.

Ā 

It was a great truck and this is a great edge. Tough to compar anything about them for me as they are two separate classes of vehicles and don't have much in common.

Ā 

There is an f150 forum tons of great info and how-tos that has an extremely active community.

Ā 

Enjoy the truck!

I am getting 23-24mpg hwy out of the V8 ,my edge would barely get 23 open hwy. all city is 17-19 still havent got a bed cover, that will be income tax time purchase. I put a K&N on it the next morning after driving it home. I looked at the Borla but the cost is quite prohibitive. I have never looked at gas mileage to determine a purchase, and I drive about 500-700 miles a week some times. its been just over 2 weeks and Im at 2400 miles. work has been out of town the last 2 weeks.

• Like 1

Yea they are great vehicles, edge is little more fun on back roads than a big truck. Comfort in long trips was amazing though.

Ā 

Look at getting some rear wheel well liners, it wasn't a stock thing for 09-14 not sure about new ones. But saves a ton of junk from getting up underneath the bed area and causing the typical rust you see on f150s down the road.

Ā 

Kicker makes an OEM sub/speaker replacement system that can be found for $200 or so. Great little upgrade, literally plugs into all existing connections and adds an amp for the new door speakers as well.

I am getting 23-24mpg hwy out of the V8 ,my edge would barely get 23 open hwy. all city is 17-19 still havent got a bed cover, that will be income tax time purchase. I put a K&N on it the next morning after driving it home. I looked at the Borla but the cost is quite prohibitive. I have never looked at gas mileage to determine a purchase, and I drive about 500-700 miles a week some times. its been just over 2 weeks and Im at 2400 miles. work has been out of town the last 2 weeks.

The cost of the Borla systems reflect the quality you get. They are likely the most well made exhaust systems on the market and it will outlast your car. They are made using only T304 stainless. You would be doing it mostly for the sound as the factory exhaust is actually pretty efficient. Borla has also figured out how to make a system that does not drone, and their sound is very unique.

Ā 

I will recommend against running a K&N as they are not what they seem. Those oiled filters can not only destroy your MAFS, but they have significantly lower filtering efficiency which means that more particles and bigger particles are able to get through into the engine. They also can become restrictive fast as they clog up.