Ford certified accessory-interior light kit

For the interior light kit

Part Number: 8S4Z-13E700-AA- From the ford certified accessory site

There are LED'S in the cupholders. How are these LED'S waterproof So that condensation from the cold beverages in the cupholder doesnt run inside the opening and inside the console?

water + electronics = trouble

Anyone have this that can tell about it?

Edited by NJ08EDGE

For the interior light kit

Part Number: 8S4Z-13E700-AA- From the ford certified accessory site

There are LED'S in the cupholders. How are these LED'S waterproof So that condensation from the cold beverages in the cupholder doesnt run inside the opening and inside the console?

water + electronics = trouble

Anyone have this that can tell about it?

Can you give me the link to the Ford Certified Accessory site that you found this item on?

Can you give me the link to the Ford Certified Accessory site that you found this item on?

http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/fas/b2...ories.asp?id=40

oR

http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/fas/b2c/catalog.asp

THEN put in the part number on the bottom left of the screen.

Edited by NJ08EDGE

Dealing with LED's on my Saltwater and Freshwater fish tanks - it is not a huge concern (my salt tank has 9 LED's at a total of 12V @ 800mA). My LED's (white and blue) get soaked while on every now and then - drop them into water and they still work. Fish are alive still too.

However, I agree that water+electronics=bad mojo. But LED's are fairly durable.

At $270, you can do this mod MUCH cheaper - by a lot. I dont know how they get the lights in the cupholder, but everywhere else will be easy to deal with. You can change colors and it is a light bar - so it might look ugly - but the bars may not be easily visible.

Change out the cabin lights for a much cheaper price to achieve the same affect. Cant change colors - but $30 (this is a number pulled from my hinney) in lights is better than $270 for 2 light bars and an LED.

It also does not say how it is installed - is it linked to the 12V Plug or is it wired inside the dash?

Just a few thoughts

Solas

Dealing with LED's on my Saltwater and Freshwater fish tanks - it is not a huge concern (my salt tank has 9 LED's at a total of 12V @ 800mA). My LED's (white and blue) get soaked while on every now and then - drop them into water and they still work. Fish are alive still too.

However, I agree that water+electronics=bad mojo. But LED's are fairly durable.

At $270, you can do this mod MUCH cheaper - by a lot. I dont know how they get the lights in the cupholder, but everywhere else will be easy to deal with. You can change colors and it is a light bar - so it might look ugly - but the bars may not be easily visible.

Change out the cabin lights for a much cheaper price to achieve the same affect. Cant change colors - but $30 (this is a number pulled from my hinney) in lights is better than $270 for 2 light bars and an LED.

It also does not say how it is installed - is it linked to the 12V Plug or is it wired inside the dash?

Just a few thoughts

Solas

Thank you for your Fishtank example and input.

I Asked because I was Looking to do a similar install as the Above Linked myself, saving $$.

I was just curious if anyone had purchased it so that i could find out where they are installed in cupholders and sealed. I hadnt thought about changing out the cabin lights, thats a good idea. :-)

i was just planning to put neons in the footwells and LED's in the cupholders, wired to switches installed into a plate inside the center console. Ive done similar installs So I know i can handle the job. But water from the cupholder around electrical makes me nervous. Even if the LEDs will be uneffected, the water has to go SOMEWHERE. I dont want it to run to wires or metal under the console. I guess I can mount the LEDs high in the cupholder so that the water is too low to run anywhere, now that i think about it.

Anyhow, Any further advice or iput is welcome.

Thank you for your Fishtank example and input.

I Asked because I was Looking to do a similar install as the Above Linked myself, saving $$.

I was just curious if anyone had purchased it so that i could find out where they are installed in cupholders and sealed. I hadnt thought about changing out the cabin lights, thats a good idea. :-)

i was just planning to put neons in the footwells and LED's in the cupholders, wired to switches installed into a plate inside the center console. Ive done similar installs So I know i can handle the job. But water from the cupholder around electrical makes me nervous. Even if the LEDs will be uneffected, the water has to go SOMEWHERE. I dont want it to run to wires or metal under the console. I guess I can mount the LEDs high in the cupholder so that the water is too low to run anywhere, now that i think about it.

Anyhow, Any further advice or iput is welcome.

If anyone actually does this, can they please post a good pic of it here so that we can get an idea of what it looks like? The Ford website doesnt really show it in detail.

Thanks!

I see where you are going with this. Maybe you could check out this site and get the LEDs you want and place them in the vehicle.

http://www.oznium.com/

Great Website! Lots of info but no pics of the actual lights in the cupholders. If anyone has a pic of what that would look like along with where you got them from and how much it cost total for the product and installation please let me know.

• 3 weeks later...