I hate the dash lights on my edge. When the sun is just going down I can't really see my speedometer and other gauges because the dash lights are just too dim. I would like to replace them with a brighter whiter LED has anyone done this or does anyone know if this can be done. I called my local Ford dealer and they couldn't even find a a part number for the existing light bulb. I looked on eBay and it says that it is a T5 wedge type bulb but before I tear my Dash apart I thought I would check and see if anyone knew if they could be changed. What worries me is that it could be an integrated part of the circuit board

The led's are already white and they are bright. To get the "brighter" light you are looking for you will need to follow 1/2 of the procedure I posted in my write up. Just don't paint at the end, you can leave the back of the gauge cover panel clear.. It will be extremely bright!! Good luck

• Like 1