First Impressions of my 08 SEL

808fordguy

First off let me say that I've been lurking on here for a few months now waiting for my chance to post my first impressions. Well I finally got my Edge! I had to lemon law my 07 Sport Trac and what a long process it was. But it was well worth it. I got an 08 SEL, Dark Ink Blue, Vist Roof, and Camel Leather interior. First thing i noticed was how much better the leather seat are in the Edge over the Sport Trac. I am very pleased with the Edge so far but I had 2 problems right off the bat. I've got the roof rattle that I have to take it in for and the night that I took it home I noticed that there weren't any fog lamps. I checked my paperwork and yup, I was supposed to have the fog lamps. So I took it back and they ordered the parts. Other then that I am very happy with it. So far I've got it tinted and changed my headlamps to PIAA Extreme White Plus and my highbeams with Silverstar Ultras. I'll post some pics later.

First off let me say that I've been lurking on here for a few months now waiting for my chance to post my first impressions. Well I finally got my Edge! I had to lemon law my 07 Sport Trac and what a long process it was. But it was well worth it. I got an 08 SEL, Dark Ink Blue, Vist Roof, and Camel Leather interior. First thing i noticed was how much better the leather seat are in the Edge over the Sport Trac. I am very pleased with the Edge so far but I had 2 problems right off the bat. I've got the roof rattle that I have to take it in for and the night that I took it home I noticed that there weren't any fog lamps. I checked my paperwork and yup, I was supposed to have the fog lamps. So I took it back and they ordered the parts. Other then that I am very happy with it. So far I've got it tinted and changed my headlamps to PIAA Extreme White Plus and my highbeams with Silverstar Ultras. I'll post some pics later.

Congratulations on the purchase. Have only seen one Dark Ink Blue, thought it was black, but it was an overcast day. Love to see some pictures of it in the sun. Weird that your SEL would not have fogs as they are supposed to be standard on that model. Not super familiar with the lights you swapped out, they give you a brighter, whiter look? Similar to HID's? What type of cost?

Clayton

At first I thought it was black too. In fact, everyone so far thought it was black at first. I used the PIAA H11 Xtreme White Plus for the low beams and will be putting them in my fog lamps when I get them. They are whiter and brighter then stock and are rated at 4000k but are no where near HID's. To me, they are a little expensive though. I paid $75/pair plus shipping from TireRack. I've used Sylvania Silverstars in my other vehicles and personally I think they were a little brighter then the PIAA's. Unfortunately they don't have them in H11's. I'll try and get some pics this weekend once our trade wind weather returns.