(((OKlahoma Newbie))))

bulldog

just your typical first post. Hello All, you have a pretty nice forum here, i hope to learn some new stuff.

purchased a New 07 Edge SEL-plus AWD 3-1-08. i know it was a year old but i think i gotta a decent price for it. tell me if i did, if i didn't please don't tell me.

I had a 02 Tahoe LT nearly fully loaded (no nav/tv's, bose) w/ 109000miles 4x4 that needed traded in. (technically paid for, but only on paper) the most i was offered anywhere was $8000. so i hit a different dealer in a different state to see what they have. i see Black Edge, decided quickly that's the one. loaded EXactly like i would have ordered one.

stickered $33270 prem. pkg, trailertow, audiophile, ???some other stuff...

showed the trade @ $11,6xx (remember the most i'd been offered anywhere else was $8K

plus additional $1000 rebate

ended up financing @ 3.9% $20,800 after trade-in (in my eyes i gave approx.$28,800 had i not traded)

figured i still got $8K trade w/ lots of rebates (back to dealer)

I felt i could have gotten at least $1K more off but i was in a HUGE hurry to surprise the wife while it was still light out (made it only by minutes) She was HAPPY, but not w/ black (hard to keep clean)

Nice to meet everyone here for those of you who actually read all this:)

If you are happy, it's a good deal. PERIOD.

I get a kick outta people spending days haggling over a hundred here, a hundred there. Bottom line is the dealer made his juice and you got a rig you love. All is well in the world.

At some point, your time is more valuable then any additional money you may have saved in ANY situation.

Be it a gallon at milk at Wal-Mart or your next home.

Bulldog

Welcome!! As long as you are happy with your purchase, if does not matter what you paid for the vehicle. I just purchased mine on 12/31/07. If I would have waited until now, I could have gotten even a better deal. Hind sight is always 20/20, but I have no regrets, and very happy with my choice. I love black vehicles. The wife's two Explorers were black and my Ranger was black as well. Sure extra work is required to keep the color up, but they always looked great when clean. After 13 years, I decided that it was time for a change.

Good luck!

Welcom Okie!

(Only another Okie can call us that)

You will love the black - nothing looks classier.

What part of the state are you in? We were raised in Enid and Alva (Carmen).

Hope you enjoy the forum and your new ride. :happy feet: :happy feet:

just your typical first post. Hello All, you have a pretty nice forum here, i hope to learn some new stuff.

purchased a New 07 Edge SEL-plus AWD 3-1-08. i know it was a year old but i think i gotta a decent price for it. tell me if i did, if i didn't please don't tell me.

I had a 02 Tahoe LT nearly fully loaded (no nav/tv's, bose) w/ 109000miles 4x4 that needed traded in. (technically paid for, but only on paper) the most i was offered anywhere was $8000. so i hit a different dealer in a different state to see what they have. i see Black Edge, decided quickly that's the one. loaded EXactly like i would have ordered one.

stickered $33270 prem. pkg, trailertow, audiophile, ???some other stuff...

showed the trade @ $11,6xx (remember the most i'd been offered anywhere else was $8K

plus additional $1000 rebate

ended up financing @ 3.9% $20,800 after trade-in (in my eyes i gave approx.$28,800 had i not traded)

figured i still got $8K trade w/ lots of rebates (back to dealer)

I felt i could have gotten at least $1K more off but i was in a HUGE hurry to surprise the wife while it was still light out (made it only by minutes) She was HAPPY, but not w/ black (hard to keep clean)

Nice to meet everyone here for those of you who actually read all this:)

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new EDGE. I agree with the others, as long as your happy with your purchase then you got a great deal. I too have a black SEL plus and it is difficult to keep clean, i mean in a matter of minutes you can see a dust layer settling. I love my car, it simply the best vehicle i have ever owned. I recently purchased a 08 Fusion for my wife, metallic fire red, with sync, ambient lighting, sport and moon package, its a really nice car but I rather not drive it, IMO, it doesnt even come close to my EDGE.

Enjoy you new EDGE

Welcom Okie!

(Only another Okie can call us that)

You will love the black - nothing looks classier.

What part of the state are you in? We were raised in Enid and Alva (Carmen).

Hope you enjoy the forum and your new ride. :happy feet: :happy feet:

Chouteau, OK about 35 miles East of Tulsa!! nice little small town (amish town, even got a hitching post for the horses at the local grocery) I do like the black (also have a black cbr1000 and black 87 Iroc-z, and my son 18 has a 05 Silverado SS) we go to Enid every so often for my wife/son's bowling tournaments. i bought her this Edge during a tournament in Springfield MO.