remote start troubleshooting

I have a 2010 Lincoln MKX with one button factory remote start. Works really good until it gets cold. Figures. So when I push the button it does everything but start the vehicle. Lights, radio etc all comes on and It gives one beep of the horn. Any idea what the one beep is telling me? I have seen the list as to what 2,3,4,5,6 beeps mean but not one. It has done this twice this winter. Quits working for a while and then starts working. Quits when it gets really cold. Starts great with the keys.

IIRC before the engine will begin the cranking of the engine it checks a boat load of parameters to make sure that its safe and able to start. Things like choke settings, fuel pressures, etc. Perhaps one of these metrics is just outside of its' go/no go levels.

Have you been to see the doctor? (err dealer) When this happened to my 2011 Edge, the dealer said that they adjusted the "blah blah" module as it was slight out of range and that it should be ok. And I never had the issue after that.