Alignment on MKX with 20's - Pulls to the right bad

ColdOnes

I just purchased a 2008 MKX a little over a week ago. Since driving off the lot with 8 miles on the odometer it pulls hard to the right. I took into the dealership and they verified that the alignment of the car was within specs. The regional rep got involved and called Ford Engineering and they said it's a known problem with MKX's that have 20 inch rims.

We took another MKX off the lot for a comparison test ride and it too pulled to the right very bad. Car is currently at the dealership awaiting further information from Ford's Engineering team on how they can properly fix the problem.

Has anyone else with an MKX encountered this ?

• 3 weeks later...
I just purchased a 2008 MKX a little over a week ago. Since driving off the lot with 8 miles on the odometer it pulls hard to the right. I took into the dealership and they verified that the alignment of the car was within specs. The regional rep got involved and called Ford Engineering and they said it's a known problem with MKX's that have 20 inch rims.

We took another MKX off the lot for a comparison test ride and it too pulled to the right very bad. Car is currently at the dealership awaiting further information from Ford's Engineering team on how they can properly fix the problem.

Has anyone else with an MKX encountered this ?

Same thing on my new Edge.

Dealership owner had the same thing with her Edge. They road force balanced all four tires and determined that three Pirelli tires were bad (i find it hard to believe) and she is waiting for Ford to replace her tires.

My Edge goes in for service next week.

Will let you know.

Other than that, LOVE THIS VEHICLE.

There is a new TSB that just came out on March 20, 2008 for drift/pull concerns. The number is TSB 08-7/3.

I took my Edge in last week because it is pulls to the left. They checked the alignment and it was within specification. The rotated the tires even though it had less than 500 miles on it. I am taking it back tomorrow along with a print out of the TSB so they can get it right.

There is a new TSB that just came out on March 20, 2008 for drift/pull concerns. The number is TSB 08-7/3.

I took my Edge in last week because it is pulls to the left. They checked the alignment and it was within specification. The rotated the tires even though it had less than 500 miles on it. I am taking it back tomorrow along with a print out of the TSB so they can get it right.

Do you have a copy of this TSB?

Same thing on my new Edge.

Dealership owner had the same thing with her Edge. They road force balanced all four tires and determined that three Pirelli tires were bad (i find it hard to believe) and she is waiting for Ford to replace her tires.

My Edge goes in for service next week.

Will let you know.

Other than that, LOVE THIS VEHICLE.

Pull to the right update.

Went to the dealer on Wednesday with a copy of the TSB, there response was "oooohhhh, uummm, ya we've had a few of these vehicles with the same pull to the right and this procedure corrected the problem, by the way, how did you know about this TSB?"

Too bad I couldn't get that answer the first time we were there.

Anyway, the TSB was done and it drives great now.

Still loving the Edge. :happy feet:

Pull to the right update.

Went to the dealer on Wednesday with a copy of the TSB, there response was "oooohhhh, uummm, ya we've had a few of these vehicles with the same pull to the right and this procedure corrected the problem, by the way, how did you know about this TSB?"

Too bad I couldn't get that answer the first time we were there.

Anyway, the TSB was done and it drives great now.

Still loving the Edge. :happy feet:

thank you so much. i've been so frustrated with this problem. im going to bring this in to my dealer too. i've been there 4 times for this problem already. i'll let you know what my experience is this time.