No Fogs, No Harnass, So now what?

On the way home from the dealer I noticed that I didn't have the fog lamps installed on my Edge SEL! :censored: So I check my paper work and sure enough, I'm supposed to have them. I call the dealer that night and they say the'll order the lamps and install it. Inconvenient but I figured it was an honest mistake. So I take it in and they tell me that they can't install it today because there aren't any wiring harnass's for the fog lamps! They said it should have come from the factory with the harnass's even if there weren't any lamps installed. So now he says they have to order more parts to install them but that they're not even sure what parts need to be ordered. They have to call FoMoCo to figure it out. So who's responsible for this? Is it the dealer or factory? If they can't install it how much of a big deal should I make of it? I really want the fog lamps. It looks very plain without them. I wouldn't be that upset but the fact that I just lemon lawed my 07 Sport Trac is making this even harder to deal with.

WOW that sucks. I'd fight it til they were on since you have already paid for them. i didn't receive those little rubber deally's for the cargo area but haven't told them yet. it was a $65 option i paid for on the extra options.

not sure of your laws but i believe you have 3 day's to return the Edge if you bought it new. though i'm not 100% sure of that, but have heard that.

Edited by bulldog

FWIW.... there is a guy on eBay who sells fogs light sets for those that do not have them and want them. So, I know that is not what you want, but I am more making the point that putting in fogs (associated relays, harness, wiring, switches, etc) for OEM or after-market, is totally doable. they can do this and should do this for you. I would hold them to it.

I thought it would be totally doable also! Especially at a dealer. I don't know what the problem is. Granted they'd have to order the wiring harnass since it wasn't installed at the factory but they claimed they weren't even sure what parts to order. I'm definitely going to hold them to it. I'm going to call today and see what's going on. I gave them a week to figure it out.