Should I let the dealer install a BAMR?

Just bought a 2008 Ink Blue Edge, with hard top. I live in Dallas, where it is hot as hell most of the time, but some part of me really loves the Vista Roof. Even though I may not use it much, I think it is really cool.

Has anyone had the dealer install the BAMR? My dealer quoted me $2,295 installed. Said that they have done one before, that it is a 'bit different' (I need to see exactly what she means by that) than the factory install.

I've heard some concerns and complaints, but I'm more looking for someone who has actually had a dealer install tell me if they are happy with theirs.

Thanks

Bloo08

Just bought a 2008 Ink Blue Edge, with hard top. I live in Dallas, where it is hot as hell most of the time, but some part of me really loves the Vista Roof. Even though I may not use it much, I think it is really cool.

Has anyone had the dealer install the BAMR? My dealer quoted me $2,295 installed. Said that they have done one before, that it is a 'bit different' (I need to see exactly what she means by that) than the factory install.

I've heard some concerns and complaints, but I'm more looking for someone who has actually had a dealer install tell me if they are happy with theirs.

Thanks

Bloo08

Hi pables. :D The "Vista Roof" (aka "BAMR"), cannot be Dealer installed. Whatever your Dealer would be installing will not be the same as a Factory Installed Vista Roof. I have a strong hunch that it will not even be close

I would advise you have them show you another vehicle that they have performed an installation on before contracting for anything.

Good luck! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks

Bloo08

I also bought a hard top without the BAMR. My salesman asked me before we signed the final paperwork if I was certain I didn't want the BAMR. He said they installed a sunroof on an Edge that didn't come with one factory installed. He said it was really ugly. I have never heard of anyone having an aftermarket sunroof/moonroof/BAMR installed that didn't live to regret it. You compromise the roof integrity as well as open yourself up to water leaks and wind noise.

• 3 months later...

Oh good god no! Run like hell :)

I can't stand what a small aftermarket sunroof does the the integrity of the roof, not to mention the headliner.

A full BAMR? You'd be better off taking it to Monster Garage and letting Jesse turn it into a pop-up camper :)

Really, factory roof's, especially the one for the BAMR, are COMPLETELY different from non-sunroof roof's. The engineering is completely different.

Don't do it!

I know this is a late post but... I've been through the the aftermarket sunroof thing and mine was done by the best in the business (ASC) and I HATED IT.

-Larry

Thanks

Bloo08