Ford Edge SEL or Saturn VUE Red line?

I know mostly it's not comparable, but they're within the same price range (with the options I chose), same power, but different size. If I only have this much money which one should I buy?

- Edge SEL without any option

- Fully load VUE Red line

by the way, I have two boys, 9 and 2, I'm going to replace my Mazda3, the vehicle is just for family of four and it will be the only one.

Edited by douyi

Since this would be the only vehicle that you have I would lean towards the larger Edge.But I would also make sure that there are no options that you feel that you must have.There is nothing worse than buyers remorse.

I also think that way, so I went ahead with edge dealer and turned out they give me only 4.5 percent discount, I'm sure there are some much better deal here somewhere (I live in toronto) wish somebody can recommend one for me.

There is another one attracted me as well, the cx-7, I haven't test drove yet, but it is said the cx-7 is a little bit noisyer than edge. I will find out later on.

i was way upside down on my Tahoe. best trade in i could get was $8K, then i found a new 07 Edge Sel AWD in black. worked out a deal including rebates for a trade of $12.6K. i didn't get the best deal, but better than all the other dealers i'd tried. the alternative was trading for new Altima coupe (which i did not want) the wife wanted it.

then the remorse came on week later. kinda wish i'd bought an 08 w/ vistaroof, sync, and the color my wife wanted. oh well to late now. Still LOVE the thing.

The CX-7 is nice but has a smallish back seat.

I would get a no options GT CX-9 if you need the space, a CX-7 if you want the ZOOM ZOOM.

The only real downside I have is the OEM tires, everything is excellent, the price too.

What about the comparison with Edge?