2016 and 2017 Recall

Owner notices will be mailed this month

SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Advance Notice - Compliance Recall 17C02
Certain 2017 Model Year Continental and 2016-2017 Model Year Edge and MKX Vehicles
Driver Airbag Module Replacement
AFFECTED VEHICLES
Vehicle Model Year Assembly Plant Build Dates
Continental 2017 Flat Rock January 13, 2016 through January 18, 2017
Edge 2016-2017 Oakville October 8, 2015 through February 15, 2017
MKX 2016-2017 Oakville November 11, 2014 through February 15, 2017
  • Like 1

BTW replacement parts are not available as of yet. Expected 2nd quarter of 2017.

I really wonder how many dealers actually follow the law that it is illegal to deliver a new vehicle with a safety recall pending...

Edited by jmr061

32,000 sounds like a low number considering it covers October 2015 to February 2017

I believe it covers the higher end Edge vehicles, Titanium definitely, Sport, maybe.

According to my salesman, SE and SEL current models are not on hold, he looked it up out of curiosity, while I was there ordering my second Edge on Mar. 1. I gave him my just released window sticker, and said that I want that, with a Ceramic interior. :2thumbs:

My Titanium, with the wrong interior, was on a factory hold. The window sticker for it says Feb. 15, 2017.

My 4+ month-long wait story is up in the Buying, Leasing and Ordering thread. :)