Why no factory fitted HID on MKX?

Long time lurker, first time poster. Found these forums very informative and useful. Thanks to everyone!

I am surprised Ford does not offer HID headlights on MKX at least as an option. After all it's a premium model and most of its direct competitors do offer HIDs.

Is there a reason why this is not available as a factory option? I read in one of the threads here that it was their intention to offer HIDs some time MY2008. Are there any plans to offer them on 2009s?

TIA.

Get the Ultimate package on the MKX which includes Adaptive Headlamps - makes HID yesterday's toys. :shades:

These are still halogen though - HID's are still MUCH better than halogen - IMO.

Now the adaptive does make it better, BUT, adaptive HID would be the best - IMO.

I second tiaquessa on all suggestion BUT signal mirrors - ick - I dont like them - again IMO.

IF the Edge had HID and LED like my Mazda3 does, this would be a great $30k+ vehicle.

Solas

This is a question we here have been asking for a long time. HID headlights, LED taillights, and signal mirrors. They should all be either standard equipment, or offered as an option.

Wow! I didn't know MKX had no signal mirrors!!! That's pretty common now even in the lower class vehicles. I am wondering what Ford was thinking??? And LED taillights would be nice.

That's what the MKS has - adaptive HIDs. I'm sure it will trickle down to the MKX - just don't know when.

So there's some hope? It will be nice if adaptive HIDs make ther way into MY2009.