Vechile Restrictions On The Vista Roof?

venom413

I ordered my vechile on the week of Thanksgiving (in Canada) and my dealership called me to today to tell me the my Edge SEL w/vista roof was here, Yay! So, I thought any ways! So, I get into test drive it and I look up and NO VISTA ROOF! WTF So, I tell them this must not be mine? but it was! I talked to the sales manager and he says that the Vista Roof is on restriction, and that ford is just pushing out whatever it can do? 1st. is this true? 2nd. The Sales manager refuses to give me any kind of deal of on it, he's planning on charging for the vista roof even though it's not there! 3rd. They knew the vechile wasn't coming in with a Vista Roof in Mid December and apparently forgot to tell me, so I've been without a vechile for almost 4 months now, when I could have ordered a new Edge with the option or another vechile. 5th. he told me straight out that I have too talk to ford about this because they won't talk to them to get it straightened out for me! 6th Then he has the balls to say take or leave it because I can sell it tomorrow!

P.S. The chrome wheels also didn't come either, but I don't care less about that.

I ordered my vechile on the week of Thanksgiving (in Canada) and my dealership called me to today to tell me the my Edge SEL w/vista roof was here, Yay! So, I thought any ways! So, I get into test drive it and I look up and NO VISTA ROOF! WTF So, I tell them this must not be mine? but it was! I talked to the sales manager and he says that the Vista Roof is on restriction, and that ford is just pushing out whatever it can do? 1st. is this true? 2nd. The Sales manager refuses to give me any kind of deal of on it, he's planning on charging for the vista roof even though it's not there! 3rd. They knew the vechile wasn't coming in with a Vista Roof in Mid December and apparently forgot to tell me, so I've been without a vechile for almost 4 months now, when I could have ordered a new Edge with the option or another vechile. 5th. he told me straight out that I have too talk to ford about this because they won't talk to them to get it straightened out for me! 6th Then he has the balls to say take or leave it because I can sell it tomorrow!

P.S. The chrome wheels also didn't come either, but I don't care less about that.

All I can say is, unbelievable. I would complain to Ford, local media, and find a new dealer. <_<

I would walk. Especially if they are charging you for something that isn't there. BULL****. Just go to another dealer or tell your dealer to order you another vehicle because you aren't paying for anything that isn't there.

Bill

I would walk. Especially if they are charging you for something that isn't there. BULL****. Just go to another dealer or tell your dealer to order you another vehicle because you aren't paying for anything that isn't there.

Bill

Yeah, I'm sure leaning that way hard! But has anyone heard of a restriction on the vista roof! Or just BS'ing me around and messed up the order?

Yeah, I'm sure leaning that way hard! But has anyone heard of a restriction on the vista roof! Or just BS'ing me around and messed up the order?

First off, what did he mean by restriction? They are not making them anymore? They are falling behind in making them??

what did he mean?

I would love to know if that is true!

Absolute BULL, your dealer screwed up, plane and simple and expects you to pay for his mistakes.For the thousanth time-there are NO problems with the Vista roofs. We've been building them since Day 1.

Absolute BULL, your dealer screwed up, plane and simple and expects you to pay for his mistakes.For the thousanth time-there are NO problems with the Vista roofs. We've been building them since Day 1.

rt2525, Do you work for ford? And can I quote you on it and show it to the dealership?

As the sales manager explained it to me by restricted was since ford was behind on production they just sent vechiles with or without the Vista roofs and it didn't matter what you ordered! Which I think the dealership just f@#ked up!

I just need someone from the factory to tell me this is not true, and I'll show the dealership that they messed up

First off, Ford is NOT going to invoice your window sticker for the vista roof if it is not there. You cannot possibly charge someone for something like that - just ask Elliott Spitzer :redcard:

There are hundreds upon hundreds of Edge models here in Dearborn and guess what: Many HAVE vista roofs :rockon:

I would find a new Ford dealership and never go back to the one that you are dealing with. I'd like to know which dealership it is that is telling you this :censored:

What we need is a Ford Edge dealership HALL OF SHAME. Might we have our first inductee?

rt2525, Do you work for ford? And can I quote you on it and show it to the dealership?

As the sales manager explained it to me by restricted was since ford was behind on production they just sent vechiles with or without the Vista roofs and it didn't matter what you ordered! Which I think the dealership just f@#ked up!

I just need someone from the factory to tell me this is not true, and I'll show the dealership that they messed up

Yes I work in the Body dept. at OAC. and you can quote me. Every day we see about 20% of the vehicles with no roof(BAMR option) I have also spent some time in the final assembly area and pre-delivery in the last few months. The Vista roofs are being built,trimmed and shipped at the same rate as the others.Both Edge and MKX.I wish I could give you the name and number of the Controller at OAC, I hear he's very good at working ouy customer/dealer complaints.(I don't have access to the OAC Intranet)

First off, Ford is NOT going to invoice your window sticker for the vista roof if it is not there. You cannot possibly charge someone for something like that - just ask Elliott Spitzer :redcard:

There are hundreds upon hundreds of Edge models here in Dearborn and guess what: Many HAVE vista roofs :rockon:

I would find a new Ford dealership and never go back to the one that you are dealing with. I'd like to know which dealership it is that is telling you this :censored:

What we need is a Ford Edge dealership HALL OF SHAME. Might we have our first inductee?

Hello Robertlane (Robert?) As i'm sure you've seen in other forums, there are already a number of dealers trying to gouge customers based on the demand and short supply of Edges. I wonder if there might be away to get Venom a pin for the Friends and Neighbors Plan. Since every invoice on the A/X/Z Plans go back to Ford he'll not only get the best price, there's no way the dealer can rip him off.

Hello Robertlane (Robert?) As i'm sure you've seen in other forums, there are already a number of dealers trying to gouge customers based on the demand and short supply of Edges. I wonder if there might be away to get Venom a pin for the Friends and Neighbors Plan. Since every invoice on the A/X/Z Plans go back to Ford he'll not only get the best price, there's no way the dealer can rip him off.

There is no way that the dealer is charging him for a non existant BAMR...someone is confused..

Well than, let's see what Jason and Advantage Ford have to say.

Maybe he just doesn't know any better -lol :confused:

Jason Robins

Sales Representative

(403) 225-3636

jrobins@AdvantageFord.ca

www.advantageford.ca/Sales_Team.asp

Jason has recently joined the Automotive industry. He is enthusiastic about his new career in sales.

post-192-1169214509_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, sorry guys.....I won't be on the forum anymore as I went and got my deposit back this week as they were not willing to budge...Well I hope you guys enjoy the edge as I really wanted too! Maybe in Six months or so....when stock is in at the dealerships I might pick one up.....but until then!

• 3 weeks later...

I NO LONGER ORDER CARS. Only buy from stock. I've been burned twice with special orders.

1. Ordered a car and it was not delivered with the equipment that all the manufacturer brocures said was on the car. The factory and dealer have an out because in the fine print, it says something like "we can change specifications at any time" or words to that effect.

2. Ordered a car and it had two "quality" problems. Dealer says that "oh we can fix that - just bring it into service department". Well, even after many visits, they could not fix one of the problems, and the other problem although they would fix, would "unfix" after a short time. I ended up doing a fix on it myself.

Did I tell you I will never special order a car again? If I can't find the car I want at a dealer, I will go without until I do find one.