2014 edge SEL entertainment unavailable

I have a 2014 and starting today the radio on the touch screen says "entertain unavail."

I reached out to ford sync chat and they said to do a master reset. I did and also stopped and restated the vehicle. The problem remains. I found posts saying some other vehicles had this issue, and they say to pull fuse 27 or 35. That doesn't correspond to the 2014. Edge. They are blank.

Also, the cluster screen to the right of the speedometer, reads "temporarily lost communication with the touchscreen"

Edited by thesavo

• 1 year later...

Did you resolve this by looking at the fuses?

I have had this problem appear on my 2015 Edge Titanium and both module resets and a master reset failed to resolve it.  I'm currently going through my owners manual and service manual for instructions on how to check/replace the fuses.

All the best,

Andrew.

Ok...

Module reset: failed to correct the problem.

Master reset: failed to correct the problem.

Pulling and inspecting all the relevant fuses: all fine and failed to correct the problem.

Phoned the local garage to get the diagnostic machine plugged in and when I set off to drive there everything decided to work perfectly. The garage said the car recorded a "low voltage event" to the module on the morning it was giving me problems, but since it was working now they advised not messing with it. The battery tested ok (not perfect, but ok), so I wonder if the electrics in the car are very sensitive to battery output on startup/initialization.

At some point, I may install an uprated battery. I used to do that on previous cars for below freezing cranking ability, but I haven't had any such starting issues with the Edge so hadn't thought it necessary.

As the problem is self resolving in my case, I'm afraid I add little further data to the discussion.

thesavo - what resolved your issue?

All the best,

Andrew.

• 2 years later...

Sorry for the long delay.  I know it is bad form to leave a question un resolved.   This issue only came up once. I was not in a position to work on the issue and it has not come back.  As my mother was the primary driver, he hadn't reported the issue came back.

In March, my wife and I inherited the vehicle and the issue has not come back for us.