Factory Trailer Wiring Added to 16 Sport

Today I installed the factory trailer wiring in my 16 Sport. I like things OEM so I did as best I could with this as most of the wiring is already there. You have to remove the RH passenger cargo trim and order about $130 in parts (trailer light module, short harness for inside the vehicle and the harness for the rear bumper area.

Unfortunately on the Sport the wire from the underhood fuse box isn't present but inside the passenger compartment I borrowed main power form the AC/DC converter hot wire. I am running LED lights on my trailer so shouldn't be an issue. Anyway....get main power then just plugg everything in and tie up the bumper area wiring and away you go. I didn't have to program anything. No I didn't take pics but be very very careful pulling the trim panel in the cargo area. There are some stubborn clips. You don't have to remove it fully if you can just move it out of the way enough to get the mounting area where the module goes. If there is some interest in this I may snap some pics as I have another project going to and the back is still a little apart and wouldn't take much to pull the panel again.

• Like 1