NEW member... gona get a EDGE

Chris_

hey guys, just wanted to join this forum because i am purchasing a Ford Edge this week and I wanted to get the best thoughts/reviews/feedback on it!

Its gonna be a Edge limited AWD , charcoal interior, and either the white sand or dark blue colour.... What do you guys think and what can u tell me about this crossover, thanks!

hey guys, just wanted to join this forum because i am purchasing a Ford Edge this week and I wanted to get the best thoughts/reviews/feedback on it!

Its gonna be a Edge limited AWD , charcoal interior, and either the white sand or dark blue colour.... What do you guys think and what can u tell me about this crossover, thanks!

Ā 

Ā 

Just got a FWD Limited and love it. I have always been a "blue color person" but got the White Sand because I thought the color looked very good on the Edge.

Welcome,I am sure that you would like the Edge, and would stick with the charcoal interior(especially if you have kids or kids will ever be in the car)as far as the exterior color either is ok but I am more a fan of the copper or black.You will like the power, handling and room, the only thing to keep in mind is that it is a big car so don't expect small car mileage.Good luck finding the one that you want.

Go with the 18"s, not as harsh of a ride with the smaller tires, plus they will be a bit cheaper to replace if need be. I went with the Med. Stone Leather but it is the lightest color int. and can get dirty fast! Make sure to invest in weathertech mats all around or factory order the All Weather mats from Ford. Get a set of mud flaps for the front too, and purchase a rear bumper cover, look over on the Accessories and mods forum for it.

While you're at it order the Sportwing bodyside mouldings matched to your color. Oval

Go with the 18"s, not as harsh of a ride with the smaller tires, plus they will be a bit cheaper to replace if need be. I went with the Med. Stone Leather but it is the lightest color int. and can get dirty fast! Make sure to invest in weathertech mats all around or factory order the All Weather mats from Ford. Get a set of mud flaps for the front too, and purchase a rear bumper cover, look over on the Accessories and mods forum for it.

While you're at it order the Sportwing bodyside mouldings matched to your color. Oval

Ā 

Ā 

Welcome!!! I ordered a Redfire! w/remote start and the med. sand interior. Getting the extra floor mats. Bumper mat. Remote start. I'm getting 20's because I can!!! The works!!!! I can't wait!!! I hope we both enjoy!!! But once again Welcome!!!

Looks like I may be buying a new vehicle before I planned too. My wife's 2002 Rav4 transmission is about to call it a life. For whatever reason we can't get a Toyota to make it to 100,000 miles without something major going wrong. The 2001 Mustang I own has 100,000 miles and most likely (knock on wood) will give me good dependable service for several more years.

Ā 

We have narrowed our next vehicle down to either the Ford Edge or Nissan Murano. If I had the coins I'd buy the Lincoln MKX. The Edge & Murano are the only two vehicles that would fit our needs. We did try out a Saturn Vue and didn't like it. Loved the MKX test drive, but have not tried out the Edge although I expect it to drive similiar to the MKX. With the Murano, we haven't tested it, but for the money the Edge appears to be the better buy. The price of a Murano with the options we want is closer to the MKX. From my perspective, the Edge is the way to go. The 'Boss' will make the final decision. Fortunately from my perspective, we won't be buying another Rav4. How do you increase the size of a vehicle and take away legroom for the driver? I can't sit in the newer Rav4 without my right leg rubbing up against the underside of the dashboard. IMHO, Toyota is the most 'overrated' car company on the market.

Ā 

My own research shows relatively few issues with the Edge. I see numerous complaints with windshield glare on the 2007 models, but none with the 2008 models. How did Ford fix this? Darker colored dashboards maybe? Every 2008 Edge we looked at had a dark colored dashboard.

Thanks for the news guys.... Before I was looking at the Infiniti Ex35 but there is notenough legroom for the rear seats. When i test drove the Edge with my family, there was so much room it was unbeliavable, it felt like a big solid truck. I just sold my 96 Explorer and the thing has finally given up.

Looks like I may be buying a new vehicle before I planned too. My wife's 2002 Rav4 transmission is about to call it a life. For whatever reason we can't get a Toyota to make it to 100,000 miles without something major going wrong. The 2001 Mustang I own has 100,000 miles and most likely (knock on wood) will give me good dependable service for several more years.

Ā 

We have narrowed our next vehicle down to either the Ford Edge or Nissan Murano. If I had the coins I'd buy the Lincoln MKX. The Edge & Murano are the only two vehicles that would fit our needs. We did try out a Saturn Vue and didn't like it. Loved the MKX test drive, but have not tried out the Edge although I expect it to drive similiar to the MKX. With the Murano, we haven't tested it, but for the money the Edge appears to be the better buy. The price of a Murano with the options we want is closer to the MKX. From my perspective, the Edge is the way to go. The 'Boss' will make the final decision. Fortunately from my perspective, we won't be buying another Rav4. How do you increase the size of a vehicle and take away legroom for the driver? I can't sit in the newer Rav4 without my right leg rubbing up against the underside of the dashboard. IMHO, Toyota is the most 'overrated' car company on the market.

Ā 

My own research shows relatively few issues with the Edge. I see numerous complaints with windshield glare on the 2007 models, but none with the 2008 models. How did Ford fix this? Darker colored dashboards maybe? Every 2008 Edge we looked at had a dark colored dashboard.

Do not go with the Murano and its POS CVT tranny!! Way too overpriced for that Jack-o-lantern look-a-like.

Ā 

I narrowed it down to the CX9 vs. the Edge. For the glare Ford got smart and did away with the silver trim ring around the center console top, and went with the black dash as opposed with all Camel. My Med Stone has very little glare, and I will stay away from using any shine products! So far so good with 760 miles on my 08

Ā 

Ā 

[/quote

Ā 

Ā 

If you really like the MKX why don't you look for a low milage lease return of a 07?I was able to get one with 20000km on it with the overhead dvd for about the same price as a loaded 08 Edge.

Do not go with the Murano and its POS CVT tranny!! Way too overpriced for that Jack-o-lantern look-a-like.

Ā 

I narrowed it down to the CX9 vs. the Edge. For the glare Ford got smart and did away with the silver trim ring around the center console top, and went with the black dash as opposed with all Camel. My Med Stone has very little glare, and I will stay away from using any shine products! So far so good with 760 miles on my 08

Ā 

Ā 

the Edge and CX9 are both good choices... to OP / maddady, drive both and see what you like better. though the Edge may fit your price range better if you're not wanting too many extras. Murano, ugh no way

Ā 

as for the glare you guys are right on. the silver ring is gone and the black dash replaced Camel, just beware any high shine protective products

Edited by bri719

Picked up my brand new 2008 Edge Limited in white sand today....

Nice, very nice! I think that color is terrific on the Edge.

I have the Copper and a Redfire, both SEL+ '07's (wife gets the Red), same wheels.

We looked for an 07 in that color, but none with the equipment we wanted were around. The deals on the 07's were too good to pass on. Glare hasn't been a problem so far, and we'll avoid the dash shine stuff.

I came from an 2002 Eddie Bauer Expedition 2WD and my wife from a 97 Mountaineer 2WD and we couldn't be happier.

Murano was a no go because a friend had one and wasn't very happy, and the design left me cold, seemed smaller also.

CX9 interior was crowded feeling to me - just the way the interior wrapped around me I wasn't comfortable like I am in the Edge.

Interior on my 02 Expedition was Camel or Tan and showed wear from use much more than my prior dark interior, so I went Charcoal on these. Easy to get in and out of, plenty of space for carting stuff around and my 6'4" 250 lbs fits without an issue. I skipped the BAMR because it steals headroom and most vehicles I drive are short on that. It's fine w/o the BAMR.

I've got 1000 miles on mine and the wife has 600 on hers so far and we love em. Good luck with that beautiful ride!