ROAD NOISE

Poorboy

anyone else experiencing excessive road noise from their edge, especially on highway driving? the sound is coming from the right rear area the most. is it the tires? muffler? what??? my edge is 2007 with 11.8K miles.

Poorboy,

I had the similar problem with our Edge. The dealer replaced the trailing arm and the hub assy. they also told me that the factory rep wanted to inspect the parts. It sounds like a TSB is in the works for this issue. BTW, it was the RR as well.

thanks. yes, it's either that or the bearing. what's an RR?

Right Rear. Sorry, I am so used to using acronyms because my company uses them all of the time! But I believe the wheel bearing (which is what it sounded like to me to begin with) is in the hub assembly.

• 1 month later...

Check the Right Rear wheel bearing! On my 07 SEL AWD they replaced the rear end, the CPU and it still had the noise. It was a "low moan" type of noise. It was always worse when it was cold and between 40 and 50 MPH. It would go away at a higher speed. The bearing is coming in today and will be installed. I do hope that fixes it.