Towed 1000lb JetSki

Towed 200 miles back & forth from Lake Travis to SAT...moderate hilly drive at 70 mph.

Edge downshifted a bit more than normal during acceleration & accending....braking was sufficent....milage decreased ~ 10%...19.5 vs 21.5 mpg (math)

I had intended to take a picture of the rig but a cold front (50º & 25 mph wind) beat us to the lake & I didn't waste any time off-loading & returning ski 1/2 mile to slip.

Towed 200 miles back & forth from Lake Travis to SAT...moderate hilly drive at 70 mph.

Edge downshifted a bit more than normal during acceleration & accending....braking was sufficent....milage decreased ~ 10%...19.5 vs 21.5 mpg (math)

I had intended to take a picture of the rig but a cold front (50º & 25 mph wind) beat us to the lake & I didn't waste any time off-loading & returning ski 1/2 mile to slip.

So Bon Dia, was the total weight of the jetski and trailer 1,000 lbs? I have a 2,000 lb travel trailer (not a pop up) which will be around 2,500 lbs or more full and am really hoping that my Edge pulls it ok this summer. The trailer has brakes which I might get hooked up to the Edge as well.

Dave

I towed my snowmobiles, 1000's of miles this winter with the AWD edge. It worked flawless. Actually is better at it than my Explorer LTD.

I ran through squalls, glare ice, heavy snow and most conditions in between. The only slight issue I noticed is the anti locks are a bit light and sometimes activated when there was no need.

The sleds are approx 700 lbs each wet with snow packed in the suspension and the trailer is about 1000 with spare, gas cans and a bit of snow. Gear in the back and tools, 200. The trailer is 101X96 with a vertical slush shield on the front about 30" high adding a nice chunk of wind resistance.

Total trailer load - approx 2400 lbs.

Truck ran 75 no problem loaded on good roads. Lots of pep with that V6. Could actually hammer down and pass with it. I was very impressed with the stability of the truck towing. It is actually a great tow vehicle.

Visibility is excellent and the lights performed well in all conditions. The transition in and out of snow ruts was no problem. Slush also no problem. It could use a lower gear for pulling out of snow filled fields where we park to unload.

One funny thing I noticed is the truck throws snow off the front tires and onto the hood and windscreen.

So Bon Dia, was the total weight of the jetski and trailer 1,000 lbs?

Yes and I strongly recommend you get the brakes on 2000+ lb trailer working before pulling with your Edge...Edge can pull tons more than it can stop adequately with its brakes alone.

the Edge did great, except i heard lots of noises in the back of the Edge???? don't know what it was.

I heard lots of receiver rattling & hitch on ball noises too. It due to the way the hitch is bolted directly to the body. The Edge is not the quietest car on the road, we hear lots of highway noise always.

I heard lots of receiver rattling & hitch on ball noises too. It due to the way the hitch is bolted directly to the body. The Edge is not the quietest car on the road, we hear lots of highway noise always.

Thanks Bon Dia for the tip on hooking up the trailer brakes. I think I will. Not looking forward to hearing all those noises while towing though. :censored: