Steering Wheel Controls

Can anyone help me here. I have an 08 Ltd and I noticed that on my sticker (and every other one that I have checked), it says "Leather covered steering wheel with audio and climate controls". I have read the manual and have been looking carefully for the last month. I don't see any climate controls on the steering wheel. Did I misunderstand what it is supposed to be, my 06 Toyota actually has these controls on the steering wheel.

Can anyone help me here. I have an 08 Ltd and I noticed that on my sticker (and every other one that I have checked), it says "Leather covered steering wheel with audio and climate controls". I have read the manual and have been looking carefully for the last month. I don't see any climate controls on the steering wheel. Did I misunderstand what it is supposed to be, my 06 Toyota actually has these controls on the steering wheel.

Hi goatee. :D According to the Owners Manual and the information I have seen, the steering wheel climate controls (fan speed and temperature) were eliminated on the 2008 models.

The 2008's now have cruise control buttons, audio controls, and "SYNC" controls (if equipped with "SYNC).

The "Window Sticker" listing is probably a glitch due to lack of updating the proper information for the 2008's.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Don't you have Temp +/- buttons? Those are the climate control buttons.

Don't you have Temp +/- buttons? Those are the climate control buttons.

There is nothing like that on my steering wheel. Sync buttons are there on the lower right. Ford needs to change that sticker now. I really thought I was going to get climate controls on the steering wheel. Thanks for the info on the 08 deletion of this feature. But so far otherwise - I would highly recommend the Edge.

This made me chuckle

Go back to the dealer and demand them put the buttons on your steering wheel - FALSE ADVERTISING!!!

Just kidding - yes, they were eliminated on 08 - I dislike the auto climate and dual zone stinks imo (large cross drafts).

Solas

I guess they needed the buttons for Sync/Nav. I don't think I've ever used the steering wheel climate controls anyway - and I've had them on 3 different vehicles. It's just easier for me to use the regular buttons on the ACC itself.

OTOH, I always use the steering wheel audio controls. Go figure.

• 3 weeks later...
I guess they needed the buttons for Sync/Nav. I don't think I've ever used the steering wheel climate controls anyway - and I've had them on 3 different vehicles. It's just easier for me to use the regular buttons on the ACC itself.

OTOH, I always use the steering wheel audio controls. Go figure.

I have just noticed that the recently produced Edge's do not have this on the window sticker. It says steering wheel mounted audio and cruise only. I really think FMC really reads this stuff. Although ever so small - we did make a difference.