Windows Opened By Themselves 07 MKX

I had my MKX parked at work the other day & somebody called me & said "hey, you know your window is open"? I went down to check & expected a break in, since this has happened a few times there.

What I discovered were BOTH front windows down about 3/4 of the way. I know it has the feature where you press the remote & both windows open all the way & the Vista roof opens part way. I spoke with my service advisor & he said he has not received any other complaints on this. The thought is that someone else might have a remote with a code close enough that it triggered the windows.

Anyone else have this happen?

I had my MKX parked at work the other day & somebody called me & said "hey, you know your window is open"? I went down to check & expected a break in, since this has happened a few times there.

What I discovered were BOTH front windows down about 3/4 of the way. I know it has the feature where you press the remote & both windows open all the way & the Vista roof opens part way. I spoke with my service advisor & he said he has not received any other complaints on this. The thought is that someone else might have a remote with a code close enough that it triggered the windows.

Anyone else have this happen?

Hi MKX2007. :D I did have it happen on my MKZ last summer. Windows were down for several hours in my driveway until I happened to go out and notice.

However, when I discovered the error, I also realized it was my mistake that caused it. :banghead: I had accidentally pressed and held the button by mistake as I was walking away from the car, and never looked back at it (which I normally always do, :shades: just to admire how good it looks)!

Most likely, you probably made the same mistake. That is the probable scenario, being much more likely than someone else having the same frequency remote in your employee parking lot.

Just keep your eyes open and be a bit more careful. Probably will not reoccur. If it does, take it to the Dealer.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi MKX2007. :D I did have it happen on my MKZ last summer. Windows were down for several hours in my driveway until I happened to go out and notice.

However, when I discovered the error, I also realized it was my mistake that caused it. :banghead: I had accidentally pressed and held the button by mistake as I was walking away from the car, and never looked back at it (which I normally always do, :shades: just to admire how good it looks)!

Most likely, you probably made the same mistake. That is the probable scenario, being much more likely than someone else having the same frequency remote in your employee parking lot.

Just keep your eyes open and be a bit more careful. Probably will not reoccur. If it does, take it to the Dealer.

Good luck. :beerchug:

I had this feature on my 00 Lincoln LS and I believe if you press the unlock button again after activating the global open it will stop (explaining why the windows were only 3/4 down). You accidentally pressed the button. Since remotes have their own unique code and each remote must be learned by the vehicle the chances of someone else having a compatible remote is, well......remote at best (pun intended).