It's ON! [it's off] It's ON! [it's off]

Phoenix

Looks like I'm headed in to the dealer tomorrow.

Warning lights for ABS, Powertrain and Traction Control are intermittently on and turn themselves off again.

(Didn't I just do the module change out?)

While I'm there, I'll have them look at the external temperature gauge (mine is reading too high) and an unusual smell -- like a natural gas leak.

I've never seen a warning icon turn itself back off before. Weird.

• 10 months later...
What ended up being the problem ? I currently have the same issue and its at the dealer right now. They are looking at it in the morning.

I've been through this - multiple trips to the dealer, multiple visits for Ford reps to look at the car. Multiple senors, PCU and other parts replaced. They finally found it to be a faulty sensor in the steering wheel. It was sending a false signal triggering every alert on the dash. They removed the center part of the wheel where the horn/airbag exist, replaced a position sensor and I never saw it again. You might want to talk with your service manager and have him talk with Ford about it if it's not something else obvious. I should note that the alerts were all being triggered in error - aside from the annoyance of having the lights go on and off, the car was fine. hope that helps....

Edited by beston38st

Thank you for the info. I have heard this exact problem with other vehicles and the steering angle sensor was the culprit. I talked with my guy today and he says the codes are for a rear wheel speed sensor. He said a common problem, so they are replacing both to be proactive. The bad news is that the parts have to come from the U.S. ( I am in Canada , where they make the damned thing ! ) So I have at least a week of driving a crappy Focus.

Thank you for the info. I have heard this exact problem with other vehicles and the steering angle sensor was the culprit. I talked with my guy today and he says the codes are for a rear wheel speed sensor. He said a common problem, so they are replacing both to be proactive. The bad news is that the parts have to come from the U.S. ( I am in Canada , where they make the damned thing ! ) So I have at least a week of driving a crappy Focus.

Great they are replacing both - mine also led them to a rear speed sensor at one point. Hope all works out.