How do I disable the Low Fuel Warning

Rando

a temporary disable is push and hold the reset button..

hey thanks.. did not know that

just curious.. how 'temporary' is temporary, anyone knpw? 5 minutes, an hour, a full day?

I find the one bummer about that fuel warning is that it does then not release the info center so I cannot see other data still useful. I can see the value of the warning, but not to leave it there constantly and block out viewing other data.

Is there a way to disable my the Low Fuel warning signal on my 2008 Edge SEL AWD. I starts about

4 days before I actually need to fill up.

Hi Rando. :D As Abrannan stated above, you can temporarily turn the warning off by pressing and holding the "RESET" button for several seconds, until the warning turns off. You will then have your normal "Message Center" options (for a time). However, the warning will reappear approximately every 10 minutes of driving time, and each time you restart the car, until you gas up. Until you gas up, you will then need to press and hold "RESET" again, each time it comes back on.

All of this is explained in detail in your Owners Manual.

There is no current way to permanently disable the warning.

Good luck. :beerchug:

PS - I must have been composing this reply while Lex was posting above.

Edited by bbf2530

Hi Rando. :D As Abrannan stated above, you can temporarily turn the warning off by pressing and holding the "RESET" button for several seconds, until the warning turns off. You will then have your normal "Message Center" options (for a time). However, the warning will reappear approximately every 10 minutes of driving time, and each time you restart the car, until you gas up. Until you gas up, you will then need to press and hold "RESET" again, each time it comes back on.

All of this is explained in detail in your Owners Manual.

There is no current way to permanently disable the warning.

Good luck. :beerchug:

PS - I must have been composing this reply while Lex was posting above.

Yeah, I knew about the reset button. I meant forever. Thanks anyway

it just may not be convenient at the moment to just pull over and fill up... not that simple always

Rando said he waits 4 days to fill up after the warning. I was talking about filling up that day or the next day rather than putting up with the warning for 4 days. Besides, it's never a good idea to have an almost empty tank.

The warning comes on at a quarter tank left, what's the sense ? I could always fill up at 3/4 tank left, but again what's the sense. I was told throughout my driving years condensation will occur and it is good to empty (not completely of course) your tank. I got my answer, it is not possible, thanks all.

The warning comes on at a quarter tank left, what's the sense ? I could always fill up at 3/4 tank left, but again what's the sense. I was told throughout my driving years condensation will occur and it is good to empty (not completely of course) your tank. I got my answer, it is not possible, thanks all.

It should not be coming on with a quarter tank left unless you're only getting 200 miles to a tankful. Something is wrong - have the dealer check it. It should come on with 50 miles to empty. Try resetting the mpg calculator.

As for condensation, the advice you received was backwards. Condensation occurs when there is a lot of air in the tank because of low fuel. Keeping the tank full reduces the amount of air and therefore the amount of water that can condense. It's always better to have a full tank than an almost empty tank.