Powerstop Z23 Rotors & pads Installed

Installed a week ago. After 300 plus miles City driving have to say this is a sweet upgrade.

Modulation is way better than stock. I'm impressed with the quality for the money & Yes the Rotors are Made in China.

NOTE: this is for a 2011 Generation 1.5 (Gen 1.0 does not need the retracting tool I had to use)

It took me twice as long to install as I was anticipating (freaking 10 hours) with only minor issues (removing 1 rotor retaining screw on rear that broke my T40 Torx bit & retracting the pistons in the rear calipers that took too much time).

I spent at least 1 hour of that time repositioning Jack & jack stands for each wheel (4 post lift I wish !). Working on the ground sucks (even more so when your 60 plus).

Sources:

JC Whitney $ 333.00 delivered to my door 4 days after placing order (their process with a Credit card is a pain & Chase flagged it....Use paypal I understand no issues that way)

Powerstop Z23 Evolution Sport K5452 Front And Rear Brake Disc and Pad Kit, Cross-drilled and Slotted disc, Carbon Fiber Ceramic Pads, 4-wheel set

Essential Tools:

Caliper Retracting tool kit $ 19.99 Delivered (Amazon) this is a better kit that harbor freight has for $ 45.00 - 60.00

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0122Q83T4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Permatex Ceramic Extreme Brake Parts Lubricant (already had a large bottle I've been using for years don't remember cost) but I learned the hard way that standard stuff like Permatex Ultra caliper lube can't take the extreme heat (Motorhome going down 8% grade lessons).

Edited by hilokamper
  • Like 2

8 oz of the Permatex is about 16$ and 5 oz of the CRC is about $18 right now on Amazon. Permatex is slightly better at low temps (-65F vs -50F) but both protect to 3,000F.

post-23566-0-42284100-1525603632_thumb.jpg

post-23566-0-19415500-1525603633_thumb.jpg

In comparison, the Permatex Ultra

Temperature Range: -40°F to 400°F (-40° to 204°C)

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W