Ambient Lighting

2014 Ford Edge Sport.

Does anyone else have a problem with the color changing from what you originally chose to the Ford blue? Mine does it about every 6 weeks. I have set it to purple and then bam! back to blue. I asked the dealership about it and they said they had never heard of that issue so couldn't tell me why it was happening and of course it wouldn't do it while Harrison was there.

What version of MFT software is your system running?

There is a TSB that possibly applies to your vehicle which the dealer should have been able to look up in a matter of minutes:

SERVICE PROCEDURE
  1. Determine the level of software in the accessory protocol interface module (APIM) by navigating to the system information screen on the 8 inch radio display. Select:
    1. Menu
    2. Help
    3. System Information
      1. If the last five numeric digits (e.g. 4.30.13171.PRODUCT) are 13171, proceed to Step 2.
      2. If the last five numeric digits are not 13171, this article does not apply. Refer to the Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 417-02 for normal diagnosis.

The above is from the TSB. If it is 13171 then the software is the cause of the issue and needs to be updated.

• Like 1