Ford Edge Forum
Craig91

Rear suspension

Question

Need some help here. I have a 2008 FORD EDGE 3.5L v6 AWD. I'm having some issues with the rear passenger side suspension. My tire is camber (tire leaning inwards) pretty bad.

4 answers to this question

It would help if you could narrow this down some. Have you tried having a rear alignment done?

If it's so bad you can actually see the camber then you probably have suspension damage.

akirby,

Although damage is definitely a possibility when a rear lower link is used instead of a typical arm, not necessarily. Regardless, without seeing the car or more information it's hard to give any good advice. It would help to just know if the leaning in is positive or negative camber. For Craig, the top leaning in is negative, the bottom leaning in, positive. It would also help to know what the tire tracking is doing. Is the tire inline with the rest of the car. Does it look like it's steering one way or the other? What about tread wear? Is it even? How long have you owned the car? If you bought it used, did you use Carfax or another reporting agency to learn about the car history? If not than I would go with akirby on damage. Assume the worse and hope for the best.

I'm just saying if no suspension work was done and suddenly you can see the tire leaning in or out the only logical explanation is that something somewhere got damaged or came loose. I agree it needs to be properly diagnosed by a mechanic.

• Like 2