Backup Camera

Larry

I assume this has been addressed but couldn't find topic. Does anyone know if there is a modification/replacement so I can add a backup camera to my 2013 SEL. It has the small dash screen. I'm able to install and do wiring for the camera itself.

Need to know if all Edges have the wiring in dash for camera monitor.

Thanks

The factory backup camera only worked with the 8" display in the center stack. There are other vehicles which could have the backup display in the rear view mirror but the '13 Edge wasn't one of them. So installing a factory camera system would involve changing your center stack to install the display.

You're probably better off getting an aftermarket kit that includes a replacement rear view mirror for the display. There are some surprisingly inexpensive ones available although most of them require occasional recharging with a lighter socket plug. If you want a true OEM look and don't mind spending the money, the Gentex offerings are the best you can get (Gentex supplies mirrors to several car manufacturers). You can get them with various combinations of auto dimming, compass, temperature, HomeLink garage opener, and backup display but they can run up to around $600. Amazon has one with just auto dimming and backup display for $300.

Edited by TheWizard
  • Like 1