I used a rubber and vinyl shine on the rubber seal around the Vista roof when I cleaned my car last week. Now the glass roof is creaking against the rubber seal. It makes the creaking sound constantly!! :banghead: I have been driving with the roof open everytime Im in the car so I dont have to hear it. I should have never used used it!! I thought it would help keep the rubber in good shape!! Any ideas as to how to stop the creaking? I will try this weekend to clean the rubber.

I used a rubber and vinyl shine on the rubber seal around the Vista roof when I cleaned my car last week. Now the glass roof is creaking against the rubber seal. It makes the creaking sound constantly!! :banghead: I have been driving with the roof open everytime Im in the car so I dont have to hear it. I should have never used used it!! I thought it would help keep the rubber in good shape!! Any ideas as to how to stop the creaking? I will try this weekend to clean the rubber.

HHhMm our previous ride would creak if we DID NOT use some kind of rubber treatment every other month or so.

You might try cleaning the mating surface, not the rubber first.

Or

It could be a coincidence, try pushing up on the glass. See if you can find a spot that makes it better/worse, open it and see if the rubber is loose. This has happened to us several times over the years if you don't open the roof every once in a while the rubber will stick to the glass and pull a little loose.

hope this helps

ablb