My current mods and new project: Auto Headlamps (photos)

AntDeek

I absolutely love how this 2013 SE has most of the wiring intact from higher trim levels. Previously I have added Ford factory (CANBUS) remote start using a hood pin switch kit and FORScan.

To complement this, I have also added the extended range antenna kit from Ford, that plugs into the TPMS module, extending my fob and remote start range. I have since activated the DRL's as well, along with full LEDs except the halogens.

My focus has switched to a newer "dummy" wire on my dash that would normally go to the Sunload Sensor for the autolamps.

image2.jpg

I thought to myself, "can I find 12v here? at least I could hard wire my radar detector if so!?"

image1.jpg

But no, its 5v. but its live!

So now, my next challenge is to find a headlamp switch with the Autolamp feature and a Sunload Sensor. I realize I may have to do some deep diving with FORScan.

Alternatively, I could just get a sunload sensor and jump the pins pretaining to autolamps in the current headlight switch connector.

Anyone have any thoughts?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...