New member and paint defect

chubatsek

Hello all. My name is Chris and my wife and I recently purchased a 2018 Edge sport in shadow black. We love the vehicle, but noticed shortly after purchase that the paint was peeling right behind the passenger headlight on the leading edge of the fender. We called Ford and after they confirmed the defect we made arrangements to get it over to a body shop of their choice as they don't do it in house. We got the car back a week later on October 4th and it was repaired. Fast forward to today and while washing it, I found several areas all in a row under the taillight where the paint was missing. There is no scratches or any indication that it was hit or my wife had backed into something. I also notice in the sun that there are many small areas on the doors where there are tiny paint chips. Is anyone else having paint adherence issues on their edge like this or is it just me? My 2017 F150 with the white platinum paint has been amazing so far with 20000 miles on it and a road trip under it's belt.

20181111_074128.jpg

IMG_20180810_195650170.jpg

After my front bumper was stripped down and repainted, I've not had any other issues.

I work at a coal fired power plant and the acid rain has badly marked the horizontal surfaces, but surprisingly it hasn't had any impact on the front bumper, and my black Harley Nightrain paint is also unaffected.

IMG_2716.JPG

• Like 2