Answering Incoming Phone Calls

In both my current late model vehicles (non-Ford) my wife's phone is set up as the default if both of us are in the car. If a call is coming in to my phone, neither of my vehicles has the ability to allow me to switch to my phone. Does anyone know if there is a quick way to answer my phone in this case? I am planning to purchase an Edge ST in the spring and this would certainly be a very nice to have feature. Not sure if any other manufacture provides this capability.  

You can have multiple phones set up (paired) in SYNC but only one can be active at a time.  If only one of you is in the vehicle when it is started then that phone will become the active (connected) phone.  If both of you are in the vehicle then the phone that was designated primary in the SYNC configuration will be the one that becomes active.  For most couples with multiple vehicles, one of them would generally be primary on one vehicle and the other on another vehicle based on who drives each the most often.  In my case, I am primary on my car, secondary on her SUV and she is primary in her SUV and secondary in my car.  When we go someplace together in her SUV, if I'm driving then I will either get in and start the vehicle before she is there, or switch the active phone in the settings before leaving the driveway... just go to the list of phones, select the phone you want and click connect to make it switch.

It should always be the driver whose phone gets connected via Bluetooth since the passenger can always answer their phone with the handset.  In the case where I always used to drive either vehicle when we were going someplace together, I would set my phone as primary on both vehicles - hers would still connect when she was by herself but mine would connect when I was there.  It's up to you which way works best for how you share the vehicles.

17 hours ago, TheWizard said:

It should always be the driver whose phone gets connected via Bluetooth since the passenger can always answer their phone with the handset.  In the case where I always used to drive either vehicle when we were going someplace together, I would set my phone as primary on both vehicles - hers would still connect when she was by herself but mine would connect when I was there.  It's up to you which way works best for how you share the vehicles.

Excellent suggestion. Makes a lot of sense. Will switch her car to my phone as primary. Then as you say if she receives a call she can pick it up on her handset. Thanks much.

Switching can be done either in the menus -  Phone->Settings->pick a phone->Connect - or via voice command "Phone, Connect, name of phone".  When using voice it is better if you have renamed your phone to something simple (i.e. "Bob's Phone" rather than "Samsung SG900T") then you can just say "Phone, Connect, Bob's Phone."