2011 Edge Limited Will Not Turn Over.

Bsmith83

Hi everyone & thanks for taking the time to read my post. A few weeks ago our 2011 Edge starting having intermittent starting issues. It Would randomly not start when we turned the key and we would get the "Starting System Fault" error on the dash. After trying a few more times it would start & function as normal. Now it will not start at all, and we also get the "Check Charging System" error on the dash in addition to the "Starting System Fault". My father in law was "sure" it had to be the starter so we have since installed a brand new Motorcraft starter which made no difference at all. I've hooked up a Foxwell NT201 OBDII scanner and it gives me the yellow warning light (not started) but no codes. Ive checked the battery and it is in good working order, even attempted to jump it to no avail. 
A few possibilities I've read about could be a bad RFID chip in the key (we only have 1 key) or possibly a fried computer due to a bad coil wire although the vehicle only has 70K miles. 
Any guidance or help would be much appreciated as I'm trying to avoid getting it towed to the dealership or continuing to blindly throw parts at it. Thanks again everyone !

One other piece of additional information: this vehicle is not equipped with the Keyless start, just the standard key with lock, unclock & panic buttons.