Steering Question

gwhite

My new 2018 Ford Edge is my 4th Edge- V6 SLE.  I loved my 2015 so much that I bought a 2018 after a short test drive, assuming it would be very similar.  After driving it a while (after the test drive and purchase),  I noticed that it had "heavier" steering than my 2015.  I really liked the "light" steering of my 2015,  so I thought it was a " no brainer" buying the new one, which does not have adaptive steering.  Much to my my surprise. and without any special Ford reports, I discovered that they have changed the part number of the rack and pinion steering gear beginning in February 2018..  Quite common, I am told, but I have been stonewalled  by various Ford dealers as to the reason why.  I am particularly sensitive the issue because I basically live in my car.  It seems to track better than the previous version, but it takes more effort, especially at lower speeds.  Any suggestions or input?

's s

Apples to apples, everything between the 2015 and 2018 are exactly the same, so why does the 18 it drive differently. Not worse, I might add, but tighter steering and not as cushy over bumps. Different part number on the struts and steering box, but they often change numbers, I'm told.  No one in Service or Parts or Sales has any explanation and Ford did not have any kind of announcement or bulletin.  Maybe it's my imagination?

s