Easy way to replace wheel studs on a 2015 Edge Sport (front and/or rear)?

Bobs2015EdgeSport

I was wondering if anybody has tried (successfully) to remove and replace a cross-threaded wheel stud on a 2015 Edge Sport... whether on the front or the rear... without completely disassembling the brakes and the hub parts, as instructed in the Alldata DIY information?

I have a stud slightly cross-threaded on both the front and the rear, and rather than trying to rethread them, I would rather just insert brand new ones in their places... but without all the MAJOR disassembly steps that seem to be required in my Alldata research!

I once successfully did this replacement on a '67 Camaro (with drum brakes) years ago, as there was just enough room to push a new stud back in from the rear... so I was hoping that the same potential for an "easier" way to replace one on my Edge was also possible.

Has anybody had to do this on their 2015-forward Edge, and if so, could you do it without doing all the ridiculous (and major) disassembly?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

If anybody is interested, I WAS able to replace a stud on the front AND the back hubs, without doing anything more than temporarily moving the caliper assemblies aside, and rotating the hubs to a particular position... to a spot where Ford had actually put a little dimple in the hub area, to just barely give you enough room to pop-out the old one (a hammer removed the old one), and then I used open-ended "sacrificial" lug-nuts to pull and seat the new studs all the way into position. Pretty easy-peasey!

• Like 4