Rear Bumper Sensors

818EDGE

• 3 weeks later...

We've tried many, many times to shut the sensor off full time as we have a hitch mount bike rack. No matter what we've tried, the sensors are activated the next time we start the vehicle. The dealer confirmed that there is no long term shut off feature.

It's a real pain scrolling through the menu everytime. My F150 has a dash mounted button that makes it much easier.

We've tried many, many times to shut the sensor off full time as we have a hitch mount bike rack. No matter what we've tried, the sensors are activated the next time we start the vehicle. The dealer confirmed that there is no long term shut off feature.

It's a real pain scrolling through the menu everytime. My F150 has a dash mounted button that makes it much easier.

Wow - you're correct. The sensor does default back to ON when you restart the vehicle. This is definitely a bug in the software.

However, please note that all you have to do is hit the Reset button when you put it into Reverse to turn off the sensor. So, in effect, there is a dash button to hit.

Wow - you're correct. The sensor does default back to ON when you restart the vehicle. This is definitely a bug in the software.

However, please note that all you have to do is hit the Reset button when you put it into Reverse to turn off the sensor. So, in effect, there is a dash button to hit.

I've tried that and it didn't work on our Edge...hmmm

I've tried that and it didn't work on our Edge...hmmm

so you do not even have the short term disable feature right when you switch into reverse? best be taking your car in then as that feature should be present.

I do a lot of cycle racing and put a bike rack on and off often and use that short term feature often in those conditions versus shutting it down in the actual Info center, so you should have that.

As for the fact that the Info center has an <0n> <off> option, but always defaults back to <on> that is very odd - I am also going to test and confirm that. It then begs the question as to why even have that as a settable option when it just defaults back to <on> as you will be better off just doing the short term disable then :huh:

so you do not even have the short term disable feature right when you switch into reverse? best be taking your car in then as that feature should be present.

I do a lot of cycle racing and put a bike rack on and off often and use that short term feature often in those conditions versus shutting it down in the actual Info center, so you should have that.

As for the fact that the Info center has an option, but always defaults back to that is very odd - I am also going to test and confirm that. It then begs the question as to why even have that as a settable option when it just defaults back to as you will be better off just doing the short term disable then :huh:

It's a bug - no other options work that way.