2019 Edge ST Equip Pkg 401a - No adaptive headlamps

Hey folks, I have a 2019 Edge ST with the 401a and cold weather packages. Everything I have read says that the 401a package includes adaptive headlights, however my car is not equipped with adaptive headlights; all other 401a equipment is on the car. My dealer said that it is a Ford problem, and since adaptive headlights are not specifically on the window sticker,  there is nothing more that they can do. They also said that the other ST's on their lot with the 401a package also do not have the adaptive headlights. My window sticker does show that the 401a package came with the vehicle and Ford's web site and the dealer build book show this to be a part of the package. Anybody have any ideas?

• 1 year later...
On 3/16/2019 at 10:18 PM, jeffrey lilly said:

Hey folks, I have a 2019 Edge ST with the 401a and cold weather packages. Everything I have read says that the 401a package includes adaptive headlights, however my car is not equipped with adaptive headlights; all other 401a equipment is on the car. My dealer said that it is a Ford problem, and since adaptive headlights are not specifically on the window sticker,  there is nothing more that they can do. They also said that the other ST's on their lot with the 401a package also do not have the adaptive headlights. My window sticker does show that the 401a package came with the vehicle and Ford's web site and the dealer build book show this to be a part of the package. Anybody have any ideas?

First. Go into settings.in instrument cluster vehicle, settings, lighting. Turn off auto high beams.it has to be dark out for next step. Turn headlamp switch to auto(all the way to the right) then start vehicle. Headlamps will move slightly left  and right. They will work. Why the adaptive headlamp box can’t be checked is a mystery.

1 hour ago, Boosted st said:

First. Go into settings.in instrument cluster vehicle, settings, lighting. Turn off auto high beams.it has to be dark out for next step. Turn headlamp switch to auto(all the way to the right) then start vehicle. Headlamps will move slightly left  and right. They will work. Why the adaptive headlamp box can’t be checked is a mystery.

Old post bud, but just to inform you, lots of 2019s needed to have a flash done to enable them. It took about 6-8 months after the 2019 being released for the update to become available, it had nothing to do with instrument settings.