Buying a back up camera problem

John Rom

I"m having a tough time getting an aftermarket back up camera. Is anyone else finding this? I found one I really liked for my MKX. Great price and everything I wanted in a backup camera. Feb 18th I placed the order and the confirmation e-mail said it would ship in 7 to 21 working days. A few days before that time was up they said they need another 10 to 15 working days to ship the camera. that time will be up April 5th. If I don't have it by then I'll contact the credit card company. I started looking for another one and found a Garmin wireless camera that will work with my GPS. Garmin just released it, and I could live with that one. It looks like it would be easy to move from car to car. So I went to Amazon to price shop, and found it listed, but they said it would take from one to two months to get it.

What the heck is going on?

Neither one is it. The one I'm hoping to get goes over the rear view mirror and features a front camera as well as the back up camera. Another big plus to me is it will record the rear view when it's in back up mode. The middle two thirds of the mirror shows the view to the rear as well. It works independent of the OEM system, which I don't think I have on my MKX.  I checked with Garmin on the one they have and it is in stock. This one works through the GPS I have but won't record anything so I'd have to leave the forward dash cam I have in it and it would only work when the GPS in in the car. A big plus is that being wireless it could easily be move to whatever car I would drive that day.

• 1 month later...

Update. A company called Trendyforce USA is the scam company. I never received the camera from them and they refused to do a refund. I filed a complaint with the BBB, who couldn't find this company by the phone numbers they listed nor at either they provided. I went to the credit card company who were able to recover the money for me. This scammer also does business under other names but they all lead to Trendyfore's web site, so be aware.

I got a cheaper, better reviewed camera from Amazon and I'm happy with it.

• Thanks 1