REAR SPOILER FINISH?

I don't know the proper term but the large ledge like extension over the rear window is black the rest of the car is silver. What's the best way to seal/clean/wax refinish this short of re-painting. the under side seams to be a smooth black (not quite gloss but still smooth) similar to the panels around thee rear side windows. the top side however is so rough that it grabs threads out of the micro fiber when drying it. Ive tried Magic black and past wax so far with little result.

Do i need to sand with 600 and re clear i? or is there some special way to finish it.

Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 6.37.15 AM.png

• 4 weeks later...

On the Edge the spoiler is painted body color.  Lincoln is Black,  I imagine the black sucks heat up like crazy and degrades the plastic.  I am assuming that the panel is plastic and not painted.  Either way I think the best way to repair it is to sand it and paint it. 

I would remove it and give it a sanding, primer, base coat of black and cleat coat it.  You can get clear in varying glosses.  It's a small panel and it should easy to rattle can it.

In my opinion I would go with glossy finish.  It will go well with the windows and trim around the doors.