Misfire cyl 4

crispin

I am working on a 2007 Edge with 130k miles on it.

Throws code P0304

Cyl #4 has a new plug and coil (previous mechanic)

I swapped the plug and coil with cyl #5 and still have the same code (after clearing it comes back)

I have read about the PCM failures and need to have it rebuilt along with all new (OEM) goils and plugs.

however this car does not flash the check engine light and I find it off that the misfire continues on this cyl even after swapping out coil and plug with another good working cyl

Is it possible that I have an injector issue here?

Or is it more likely that the PCM is damaged?  

This is a car that was bought from a auction and is needing to be repaired for as low cost as possible (low profit on this purchase)

Thoughts?  How should I proceed?

Thank you very much for your help!

Very possible it has an injector issue.  You can compare electrical properties vs #5 & 6 injectors to confirm.  Lucky it was not on #1-3 otherwise would have to pull the intake :) which you will have to if it is indeed faulty.  But if not, you are spared a headache.  At this mileage though doing all plugs at the least is a must, if that old plug looked worn.

This is assuming you have cleared codes and the code has returned.

Just listened with a mechanics  scope and injector #4 sounds very light and does not make a good click like injectors 5&6 do.

So that would be an injector issue.

Am I correct in thinking this?

So I need 1 injector, 1 intake gasket kit, would be good to throw on 6 new plus while I have it apart even tho this is just a flip car, for the extra $50 I think it is the right thing to do.