Not the Typical Check Fuel Fill Inlet Issue

atdi2113

I've been battling an issue with my 2013 Edge 3.5l in regards to the fuel fill error message on the dash.Eventually i got hit with a CIL. I've replaced the entire fuel filler neck and the canister vent solenoid. After doing both the check engine light turned off.After a few days the error came back and after some research online i checked the purge valve which tested bad so i replaced it. The inlet error went away and did not come on immediately after the next few startups. It did come back though intermittently that day.  After a day or so the CIL came back on and this is after a few driving cycles. I tried pulling the battery cable but the light remains. I may not have driven enough cycles and the error kept popping and triggered the light. My plan is to get the code checked just to be safe then ill try to clear it if it's the same error i got originally. I think i possibly did not leave the cable off long enough to "clear" it.  Anyone have any advice? I have not seen online where people had this problem,replaced all these parts AND did not have the problem resolved.

Edited by atdi2113

How many miles on your Edge, and what maintenance has been done so far?   Is their oil in the intake tubing between the airbox and the throttle body?

40+ minutes for a full reset, including clearing codes.  How long did you have the cable disconnected?

Did you use OEM Ford parts to replace the pipe and solenoids?

Did you see any damage to the canister at the time you replaced the CV solenoid?

Oddball Q, but is the battery healthy?

Thanks for taking the time to reply @WWWPerfA_ZN0W but I believe I may have gotten it sorted out. For anyone who happens to stumble across this with the same problem: The check inlet warning may not go away after replacing the appropriate parts. My CIL had turned off but shortly after replacing parts the error message popped again or still came on whichever you view that as. As long as that error message is being thrown your in danger of getting a CIL regardless if there's a real problem or not. I took the battery cable off but didn't wait long enough so the code didn't clear and my radio didn't reset so I know that's the issue. Had the code read just to make sure it's not something new and it came back as the same P0457 possible cause is the part I've already replaced. Tried to clear the code and it failed. This time I took the battery cable off for a good 30 minutes and everything cleared. CIL gone and no warning message about the inlet as soon as I turn the car on anymore. I know that the car needs to regather data and leave "not ready mode" by going through multiple driving cycles. I don't know that the inlet error is part of that as all other errors come up perfectly fine such as...engine on, liftgate open, door open etc etc. I drove for a few cycles over the past few days hitting the highway several times. So far so good with no CIL or inlet errors popping up.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

My 2013 Ford Edge has a continuous dash warning light. “Check fuel fill inlet.” 
After I replaced a bad battery, it went away for a couple of days, but then returned. I used to just ignore it or press the enter button to delete it for a bit. But, I noticed recently when I fill my car up with gas, when I walk by my car later, I can smell gasoline. And, no, it was not sloshed or spilled on the exterior of my car. Plus, I have filled my car up with gas in the evening. The next morning a little more than an 1/8 of a tank is gone. It’s evaporating! Please tell me there’s a recall for this issue?!