Door lock latch failure

tarekdata

I have Ford Edge Basic model 2013 Bough in UAE and still operating in UAE - Abu Dhabi. it is only 85,000 Km  ( around 60,000 Mile only )

three days ago and with not a prior sign of failure or warring I found the passenger door open, when I tried to close it and no matter how much strong slammed the door, the door is not closing because the door lock latching mechanism is not working. the door kept open no matter how strong I'm slamming the door because the latch mechanism is not working.

If somebody faced the same issue please advise the solution.

BTW the door latch is not closing at all. it kept open with no retention on the lock position. 

I was expecting this Fault should be covered by Re-call.    the issue I have it with my door is totally different than door ajar switch issue since it is not about giving alarm only, the entire door is not closing, which is making car driving totally impossible. 

I have visited UAE (United Arab Emirates ), since the car is 2013 , and date of today is 2019 , then they will not fix it under warranty ( already 5 years passed) , the fact that UAE dealer never recalled the owner cars for this repair. and he is taking the chance to see if the fault occurs within the 5 years, then he will repair freely, otherwise, he will charge maintenance fees. 

This Cost of spare part and manpower is around 900 AED = 245 USD , which is a high price to be paid for the FORD co. on behalf of their fault. 

It is a safety issue but hardly a common issue.  You can try working with Ford Customer Service directly, seeing if they will cover all or part of the cost.  And remember, you will catch more flies with honey than vinegar :)

Unfortunately, oddball faults happen, and having to work through the process is part of car ownership :(   I would get it repaired, hold on to the bill, and work with Ford.